Leak Down Test

I performed a leak down test last night and while I did not hear any leaks anywhere, I did spray soapy water over the engine and I was getting a slight foamy uprise from the gaskets at the reed cages. these gaskets are brand new and I cleaned the mating surfaces really well before bolting everything back on, is it normal to get a small amount of air through these gaskets? I had no other leaks than the leaks described above.

I performed a leak down test last night and while I did not hear any leaks anywhere, I did spray soapy water over the engine and I was getting a slight foamy uprise from the gaskets at the reed cages. these gaskets are brand new and I cleaned the mating surfaces really well before bolting everything back on, is it normal to get a small amount of air through these gaskets? I had no other leaks than the leaks described above.

I would pull them off and grab some spray on gasket stuff and lightly spray it on both sides of the gaskets then bolt it down again. Problem solved :cheers:

are you guys suggesting that I get rid of the gaskets and use an rtv or liquid gasket or apply these products to the existing gaskets?

Read my post again :lol: Yes spray it on both sides of the gaskets. :cheers:

are you guys suggesting that I get rid of the gaskets and use an rtv or liquid gasket or apply these products to the existing gaskets?

no worries marc...i know what they're talkin about...haha....its a spray on gasket that gets sprayed onto the gaskets and helps adhere the gaskets to the mating surfaces....either you or i can pick up a can when next time we get some time in the garge...lol