2mm base plate

if you raise the barrel you dont HAVE to deck the tops of the cylinders. and i would HIGHLY recomend NOT cutting the tops of the cylinders up it makes things a mess later when you want to change anything else..

NOW i'm not saying that you dont have to change something... BUT rember domes dont have to be just cut UP...

"No man I don't believe they even go much below the boost port" wtf again....you should know by now exactly where eveything travels in the cylinders, way before cutting....the verry first step is mapping, as if to "blueprint" your unit......that being said......."$100 for a cheap dremel, 90 degree tool, and a couple bits.

$25 for a spacer and gasket."

looks like you already covered it...........the 90 degree tool will be cheap, and hardly more to write home about than ghetto fabulous. get the fucking tool, cut your transfers, since you already chopped on the rest and get on it with the transfers. i'm sure you already figuresd out the blowdown @ about 31, or whatever you are trying to get, and angles, otherwise, throw those juggs under the bench and put in 50 hrs reading up on your literatue=rea, and progress as it becomes clear to you, and then go back to doing it........i would e-slap anyone tellin you what you want to hear and cheat by riggin it up with a shit wedge undr your cyls because you want to pussy out on a big ass ordeal that you were adimate about despite the warnings. next time, come on with a real solution, not just asking everybody to validate a fucked up short cut you want to take............ok, now this post is totally made from my drunken state, so i may resend somthing otr another out of sympathy, but that's what i am thinking now.........................likely honest and harsh...

if you raise the barrel you dont HAVE to deck the tops of the cylinders. and i would HIGHLY recomend NOT cutting the tops of the cylinders up it makes things a mess later when you want to change anything else..

NOW i'm not saying that you dont have to change something... BUT rember domes dont have to be just cut UP...

Golden

Firebanshees recommendation about the 4mm crank, lowering the ports and cut the domes 2mm...Is it just me or will that actually mellow out the timing...?

actually, you need the longer distance between the ports ton get the same timings once you add stroke, since the degree/distance changes. this is the main reason most ported stock stroke cyls cannot be re-ported for longer stroke. you will still give up allot of power by not touching the transfers, either way you go

actually, you need the longer distance between the ports ton get the same timings once you add stroke, since the degree/distance changes. this is the main reason most ported stock stroke cyls cannot be re-ported for longer stroke. you will still give up allot of power by not touching the transfers, either way you go

Ummm

Either is mellows the timing, the timing stays the same or it makes the timing more agressive.

The transfers will obviously need to be lowered regardless to increase transfer area and the exhaust lowered to kill the turbulence, but in my head the timing would be the same or mellowed out..

Unless you add the strone, and add the 2mm spacer. it seems like more work on the ports (lowering them) but a much more radical port timing which may be more Ideal for a hot dune/ drag setup...

I could be way off though.....