Degree key function update

man this place is going down hill common sense apparently ist so comon anymore.

haha yea i was thinkin the same thing...but i also know that when it comes to the "premium fuel" labels on cars it can be mis-leading. There are a few car companies that put "premium fuel only" labels on their guages.....when they actually mean QUALITY fuel... those cars can be run fine on 87 oct....the car company just wants to cover their ass in third world countries where they sell dirty fuel. BUT....we're not talkin banshees.... but i think your right....i think the manuals call for 91 oct to be run for safety measures

I belive they have a sticker on the LH side of the fuel cap that says 91 octane. When I made my 06 LE look a like I even bought that sticker. (even though I run 185 psi of compression, and 110 octane). I am sure it runs fine on 87. Octane requriements change acording to altitude because the engines compression changes. That is why in the mountains there regular fuel has an octane rating of 85 instead of 87.

• 5 years later...

I had issues with my oil and fuel not staying mixed up good with premium. I just figured it was something to do with the ethanol.

I have a Solo chainsaw, which is a German brand, and in the operators manual they call it out as ethanol is not gasoline in the section covering mixing fuel.  Basically they were recommending not to use blended fuels like ethanol. Only problem is the only place I know around where I live to get pure gasoline is the airport. Last time I did that it was $6+ USD a gallon. It evaporates so fast though. I found I pretty much had to mix it up as I needed it for the day because the oil/fuel ratio skews pretty quickly when it just sits.  I started out with 5 gallons of 50:1 and after about a month it smoked like it was at about 30:1. lol