piston clearence on 4mil

Does anyone know the piston clearence on a 4mil banshee, I have low compression (around 100 psi on each cylinder) but the bike fires up on the first kick. I have a bottom gasket on 4mm spacer plate and the a top gasket also on the spacer plate. How do you think I could fix that problem? And thanks again guys.

Does anyone know the piston clearence on a 4mil banshee, I have low compression (around 100 psi on each cylinder) but the bike fires up on the first kick. I have a bottom gasket on 4mm spacer plate and the a top gasket also on the spacer plate. How do you think I could fix that problem? And thanks again guys.

I would throw that spacer plate as far as you possibly can. It throws off your or timings throws of squish bands and compression. You need to get cut stroker domes and just put a base gaset on. This will make your motor come ALIVE. If you don't have a cool head you can even get you stock head rechamber for the stroke.

they cut 2mm(.080) out of the dome or the head to allow for the piston coming up out of the cylinder. You will never get the full potential out of that motor with a plate.IMO

I would throw that spacer plate as far as you possibly can. It throws off your or timings throws of squish bands and compression. You need to get cut stroker domes and just put a base gaset on. This will make your motor come ALIVE. If you don't have a cool head you can even get you stock head rechamber for the stroke.

they cut 2mm(.080) out of the dome or the head to allow for the piston coming up out of the cylinder. You will never get the full potential out of that motor with a plate.IMO

Ya I have a pro design coolhead, and 19cc domes. Where can I get my domes cut at? And Thanks very much for your help. I will throw that spacer plate away like you said. because it throwed my motor out of wack. Thanks for your help again.

Ya I have a pro design coolhead, and 19cc domes. Where can I get my domes cut at? And Thanks very much for your help. I will throw that spacer plate away like you said. because it throwed my motor out of wack. Thanks for your help again.

Any builder can have domes cut. Dave at Noss cuts them also. If your running a 4 mil crank and your cyls are not ported for the 4 mil than the spacer plate should keep your port timings close. The best way is to port for the 4 mil and not use the spacer plate in conjunction with cut domes. I think this is the best way to get the potential from a 4 mil set up. Without porting for the 4 mil, the spacer plate and gasket thickness have to be correct to get the port timings right.

SP

Sorry, in reply to your original question: piston clearance is the same for a 4 mil as it is for a stock stroke motor. It depends on the pistons your using. Cast piston clearance is different that forged pistons.

Also, there are several factors to consider with the set up for a stroker motor as I eluded to in my previous post. gasket thickness, porting etc.

SP