Coolant Bottle

Hey guys!

I am pretty new to the banshee and have a nice 05 that I picked up a few months back (sold the 4 poke). I noticed that it does not have a coolant bottle under the seat - or anywhere for that matter. Is this OK and does the shee need the extra over flow bottle or is the hose off the radiator OK?

Thanks-

Hey guys!

I am pretty new to the banshee and have a nice 05 that I picked up a few months back (sold the 4 poke). I noticed that it does not have a coolant bottle under the seat - or anywhere for that matter. Is this OK and does the shee need the extra over flow bottle or is the hose off the radiator OK?

Thanks-

My bike has not had a coolant bottle for 18 of the 20 years I have owned it, no problems. Just take the hose that runs to the bottle and route it down the frame tube behind the radiator, cut it off right below the bottom of the frame and zip tie it to the frame.

If you relocate the coolant overflow does it need to be higher than a certain level? I've thought of doing this as I just did a dc conversion and need the space for battery and not sure about specifics

No it can be where ever. As long as there is coolant in the bottle it will pull fluid back in to the radiator as it cools down. Just like using a straw.