how do i cut down my stock swingarm?

jbones

it has to be cut behind the shock mount. you can take a couple inches out pretty easily. i recommend cutting the rear off with the carrier installed so the mounting tabs dont move. then mock it all back up and weld it. its a good idea to put some extra braces on it as well.

you will also want to pull some measurements from the pivot tube to the carrier to make sure its sitting in there square before you weld it up.

if you do shorten the swingarm, its gonna be very important that it gets welded back square, cause if its off by much you will be eating up rear sprockets and chains in a hurry, or even throwing the chain if its bad enough.

it has to be cut behind the shock mount. you can take a couple inches out pretty easily. i recommend cutting the rear off with the carrier installed so the mounting tabs dont move. then mock it all back up and weld it. its a good idea to put some extra braces on it as well.

you will also want to pull some measurements from the pivot tube to the carrier to make sure its sitting in there square before you weld it up.

Thanks loco for the info very helpfull. Jbones

Here is a pic of it finished. I made this for someone else and never heard how it performed but I'm sure if you posted in the mx section someone will let you know how well they work. Agreed that it's not the pretiest thing, but after all it's not as if your gona send a stock swinger out for chrome anyway.

101_1376.jpg

Here is a pic of it finished. I made this for someone else and never heard how it performed but I'm sure if you posted in the mx section someone will let you know how well they work. Agreed that it's not the pretiest thing, but after all it's not as if your gona send a stock swinger out for chrome anyway.

101_1376.jpg

Good job looks great thanks for the pics Jbones.