aftermarket chain sliders

volcrano

hey guys,i got a stellar tube swinger and the factory white roller is not working cuz there is no lip to hold it in place.ive been told i have to run a aftermarket slider.now,since i dont have it yet or instructions,how does it mount?i see the have like a metal stud coming out from them,cant see if its threaded or not.when u put the slider over the pivot tube where does the end with the metal stud go?does it mount where your bottom chain rolller goes to hold it in place??i just need something that doesnt slide around.if it does mount where the bottom chain roller goes,does the metal piece on the slider also hold the actual bottom chain roller on?i need info-im trying to put this thing on and driving myself nuts on what to get and how it works.thanks!

When it is installed properly, the metal stud sits on top of the swingarm tube so the chain cannot push it down to far, it will rotate with the swingarm as it goes up and down. It needs to be slid on the swingarm pivot tube before the swingarm is put on the bike, unless it is a piece from TMDesignworks or UPP, I believe theirs are split so they can be put on the bike with the swingarm already installed. It is about time you got rid of the pile of crap stock roller that goes around the pivot tube, they wear out very quicly and then your chain is sawing into your swingarm pivot tube.

When it is installed properly, the metal stud sits on top of the swingarm tube so the chain cannot push it down to far, it will rotate with the swingarm as it goes up and down. It needs to be slid on the swingarm pivot tube before the swingarm is put on the bike, unless it is a piece from TMDesignworks or UPP, I believe theirs are split so they can be put on the bike with the swingarm already installed. It is about time you got rid of the pile of crap stock roller that goes around the pivot tube, they wear out very quicly and then your chain is sawing into your swingarm pivot tube.

yeah i know,im gonna go upp so i can just slap that bitch on.thanks fellas!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I know this was someone else' thread but I'm needing help on a similar issue. I have a ModQuad slider to go on my stock swingarm and the stupid thing just doesn't want to fit. Does the metal sleeve on the pivot tube stay on or do you leave it off? I can't get it to fit without grinding or trying to remove some material. This chain slider and guide kit has given me nothing but nightmares since I bought it.

I understand that part but before I put the metal sleeve on the pivot tube the slider by itself was just a bit loose. After I put the new sleeve on and try to put the chain slider on it's like the I.D. of the slider is too small or the O.D. of the sleeve is too big. I was just needing to know if the sleeve stays on or if the slider goes onto the pivot tube by itself without the sleeve. Seeing as how it's a replacement kit it leads me to believe that the sleeve should stay on. I can't really see that part in your pictures.

I know this was someone else' thread but I'm needing help on a similar issue. I have a ModQuad slider to go on my stock swingarm and the stupid thing just doesn't want to fit. Does the metal sleeve on the pivot tube stay on or do you leave it off? I can't get it to fit without grinding or trying to remove some material. This chain slider and guide kit has given me nothing but nightmares since I bought it.

If I am not mistaken, on the stock swingarm there is a metal ring that the stock circular slider spins on and this metal ring must be removed from the swingarm to use a aftermarket slider.

Well like I said I removed enough material from the inside of the slider to fit it onto the sleeve/collar and it's on there pretty tight. I've done a ton of searches on here and various other parts of the web and couldn't find anything on it that said to remove it. Hell even ModQuad couldn't or wouldn't tell me. I actually bought a new one today, $12 at local stealership, because the swingarm I purchased off of ebay a few years ago didn't have the sleeve/collar and the old swingarm I removed from it did. Apparently I just wasted $12 on a piece I didn't need.

• 5 years later...