shock issue

SD1026

well i bought a pair of used works dual rate with rezzie front shocks. esnt them to works for new springs and service shocks were great but needed the springs to be cleaned up and decided to go with a service just to keep up with things. so now its been 5 weeks and they tell me i might need new shafts which i think is b/s. so i paid 180 for them used and now they are prob gonna try to hit me for like 300.00 more for a total of 480.00 all said and done. so i called around on new elkas and got a price dual rate piggyback fully adjustable for 8 and change. guy asked me what a arms im running and told him wicked +2. what should the eye to eye be on the elkas also would like to hear opinions on the shock situation.

well my plan was to tell works to ship them back to me and they replied they are in peices what do you want us to do. i said guess here is my credit card #. i would have rather got me some elkas. i will run the works for this season then grab a nice set of elkas

well my plan was to tell works to ship them back to me and they replied they are in peices what do you want us to do. i said guess here is my credit card #. i would have rather got me some elkas. i will run the works for this season then grab a nice set of elkas

Were the springs pitted from rocks hit'n them? If so then new shafts will most likely be in the works. If the shafts get even a slight ding in them. They will not hold oil when that ding hits the seal head. That's one bad thing about buying used shocks. That's why I always tell people not to fallow so close to eachother. Or use shock wears. Just make sure u take them off when washing to wash out the fine dust they keep in. That dust acts like sand paper and eats away at the seal head.