stock cylinder compression

if i was you i would change the spark plug boots and plugs clean and sync the carbs and go from there. if it still happens i would alternate the spark plug wires and test the stator.also check all wires for loose connections and wear.

I agree with changing he spark plug boots. Mine seemed like it was coming on then off on one side. Turns out one of my spark plug boots was very corroded.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Need more info... Does this bike do this cold or hot or both...? How long has the needle been on the 4th clip?? Reason asking, I had a banshee last year, that ran hard for 20minutes, then would crap out, and then would do the r bank left bank misfire..... I changed and changed jets.... FInally, changed needles from 4clip, to 3clip,

middle spot.... Bike ran perfect after that...... But, maybe your bike just started doing this??

New plugs,carbs cleaned,Carbs were not even dirty (complete rebuild kit) and synch'd, plug wires switched (no diff)) and Source and Pickup coils test within speck from manual. This SOB! is kick'n my Arse trying to figure out!

Friggin 2 strokes! banghead

well if ur plugs,boots and stator is good and there are no loose or worn wires i would get a buddys bike and start swaping things start with carbs then go to coil,stator,regulator,and harness. if it still happens gost ride the bitch .

well if ur plugs,boots and stator is good and there are no loose or worn wires i would get a buddys bike and start swaping things start with carbs then go to coil,stator,regulator,and harness. if it still happens gost ride the bitch .

this is a lil bacwards . first do a leak down test on your motor make sure it is tight no leaks. i have a buddy had a similar issue with one cylinder giving him trouble and it was a break in his base gasket. short store is he melted a hole in his piston the size of a quarter.

Need more info... Does this bike do this cold or hot or both...? How long has the needle been on the 4th clip?? Reason asking, I had a banshee last year, that ran hard for 20minutes, then would crap out, and then would do the r bank left bank misfire..... I changed and changed jets.... FInally, changed needles from 4clip, to 3clip,

middle spot.... Bike ran perfect after that...... But, maybe your bike just started doing this??

Been running the toomey pipes and kit since "04" with the same clip position and I have never had an issue till now!

I just think i'm cursed :evil:

I agree with changing he spark plug boots. Mine seemed like it was coming on then off on one side. Turns out one of my spark plug boots was very corroded.

Checked the boots before the wire swap,Looked great!

Thanks for the help :)

Thanks dude :D

I'll check it. ;)

Ok,

Here is what I found out.

Found an online service manual, But not for my "04"

Anyway, The source and pickup coil test within spec.

The primary and secondary coil show no reading within the spec#'s at all. The right plug wire cap showed 23k ohm and the left showed no reading. screwed the caps back on the wires as I took them off and test rode. Still dropping the left from 1/4 to 1/2 throttle but came back in from 1/2 to full throttle.

Switched the left cap to the right side and the right cylinder was dropping from 1/4 to 1/2 throttle.

Right came back from 1/2 to full.

So, Should I buy just the caps for 21$ apiece and stay stock and try first before a new stock coil, Or go with whichever best aftermarket coil you all suggest!:confused:

Ok,

Here is what I found out.

Found an online service manual, But not for my "04"

Anyway, The source and pickup coil test within spec.

The primary and secondary coil show no reading within the spec#'s at all. The right plug wire cap showed 23k ohm and the left showed no reading. screwed the caps back on the wires as I took them off and test rode. Still dropping the left from 1/4 to 1/2 throttle but came back in from 1/2 to full throttle.

Switched the left cap to the right side and the right cylinder was dropping from 1/4 to 1/2 throttle.

Right came back from 1/2 to full.

So, Should I buy just the caps for 21$ apiece and stay stock and try first before a new stock coil, Or go with whichever best aftermarket coil you all suggest!:confused:

I would try the caps, 21$ a piece WOW, i would shop around, i bought them at a bike shop in Florence Oregon for 6$ a piece.