Rickystator 200 Watt

Lumas

hello,

cani drive the rickystator 200 watt with the original changing regulator of the banshee or do i have to buy a other one?

if i have to by another one which one? and do i have to change something in the electric cables ??

thanks markus (germany)

hello,

cani drive the rickystator 200 watt with the original changing regulator of the banshee or do i have to buy a other one?

if i have to by another one which one? and do i have to change something in the electric cables ??

thanks markus (germany)

Do your self a favor and Dont Buy a Ricky Stator. They are nothing but junk. I went through 3 of them trying to get one to run right. My banshee would run bad on the top end. It just sounded crusty. I chased jetting all over the place. I swaped back to an oem stator and the problem was solved. I would hate to be shipping stators back and fourth from Germany to USA trying to get a good one. The Yamaha one is the only way to go. Most stators come from the same Crap hole manufacture in 3rd world ASIA so it doesnt matter what brand you get they are all junk.

If you absolutly have to have a high wattage stator then get a Ricks Motorsport Electric stator. They are supose to be good quality and Manufactured in the USA, not china. They have 2 circuits though. So you have to urn dual volage regulators.

Here is a ricks stator (not to be confused with ricky stator)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMAHA-BANSHEE-YFZ-350-ENGINE-MAGNETO-STATOR-95-04_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5d2846935eQQitemZ400107672414QQptZMotorsQ5fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

well you have 2 options. you can have your stock stator rewound at a local electrical rebuild shop, and germany is pretty good with that stuff, but you will be limited by the stock cage, to running 2 55watt lights. or i have heard moose has been fairly reliable, and ricks stator; rm stator is coming out to be about the same as ricky stator.....junk. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOOSE-LIGHTING-STATOR-YAMAHA-BANSHEE-350-95-06_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5ad8165aa4QQitemZ390172400292QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

• 3 weeks later...

well you have 2 options. you can have your stock stator rewound at a local electrical rebuild shop, and germany is pretty good with that stuff, but you will be limited by the stock cage, to running 2 55watt lights. or i have heard moose has been fairly reliable, and ricks stator; rm stator is coming out to be about the same as ricky stator.....junk. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MOOSE-LIGHTING-STATOR-YAMAHA-BANSHEE-350-95-06_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5ad8165aa4QQitemZ390172400292QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

you guys are right about rm and rs being junk time for me to go stock .I'm sick of my rm stator i must of blown 200 $ on bulbs .

you guys are right about rm and rs being junk time for me to go stock .I'm sick of my rm stator i must of blown 200 $ on bulbs .

That would be a bad voltage regulator. You have 12v bulbs. When your banshee is wound up it can produce 25+ volts, that is with a stock or high wattage stator. Check to see if it came unpluged. Most RS and RM stator problems are with the ignition stator coils. It will run real crappy on the top end. Spend all day chasing jetting all over the place with no results.

Thats a regulator problem, not a stator problem.

RM and Ricky Stator are the same product=SHIT!

I run a Ricky Stator in standard watt and have never had a problem other than one of the winding grounds broke off of the stator housing,which caused a miss in the high RPMs when vibrations were high.Could not even tell by looking at it,but when i touched the ground wire,it would separate from the anchor,so i lobbed some solder on it and it has not given me any problem since.I probably would not buy another,but i have got my moneys worth out of this one.

I ended up with an older one in a box of stuff. It ended up having a wire pinched between the timing plate and the stator housing. Heat shrunk the pinched area, floated the ground and did the DC lighting mod and have had no issues. Knock on wood!! I talked to the guy at Rick's Motorsport Electrics and his stuff is all I would buy new from here on out. He told me he would be happy to rewind the Ricky Stator one "when" it dies. Not if but "when". Still carry my stock Yamaha one on a timing plate just in case.