Plugs backing out

sheeban

Hey guys so its finally starting to warm up so i took her out for a ride. This winter i bought small bore inframe shears, a pingle, shift star and some bling. Well i did a compression check and had 135 psi in both cylinders so i decided to run 91 this year instead of avgas. So after getting the jetting close i went for a little ride and noticed the plugs came loose so i tighten them up and the same thing happened. Tried new plugs same thing, my timing is plus 4 is this to much for 91. Ive never had this happen before so I'm getting annoyed. Can some one lead me in the right direction.

Are you sure 100% that comp gauge is accurate? I would try an other quality comp tester as its deto going on. So what gauge are you using and how old s it?

Are you sure 100% that comp gauge is accurate? I would try an other quality comp tester as its deto going on. So what gauge are you using and how old s it?

Well its a brand new Lisle gauge (its what the parts store had it was like 50 bucks) but im not sure just how accurate it is i dont hear any deto but i might not know just what to listen for either

i dont mean to get off topic but what does detonation sound like????? :confused:

D E T O N A T I O N. Knock Knock, Who's There?character_122.gif

What plugs are you using by the way?

Are you checking it properly?

What size domes and altitude are you at?

I would check with another gauge just to be sure!

D E T O N A T I O N. Knock Knock, Who's There?character_122.gif

What plugs are you using by the way?

Are you checking it properly?

What size domes and altitude are you at?

I would check with another gauge just to be sure!

NGK br8es

19cc at 4300

im gonna go buy some race fuel and see what happens you are proabaly right savage

A Lisle gauge should be an OK gauge. Lisle and Thexton supply diagnostic and test equipment to SnapOn, Mac, Matco, so forth to cover things that they don't make themselves. Not saying that the gauge is as good as a SnapOn or a SnapOn is the same thing, but it should be a decent gauge. You definetely have detonation going on, spark plugs backing out is the indicator for that. The quick fix is higher octane fuel. How ever with 19cc domes you should have alot more pressure than that, so realistically, the proper fix is a top end job and the correct fuel.

YOU NEED HIGHER OCTANE,period.

I have never seen a worn top end vibrate a plug out without making horrible noise. Or maybe a crank out of whack really bad,but with those problems the plugs backing out would be secondary to the massive vibration and hammer like knocking you would hear.

You said it yourself,you tried different gas,and now the plugs are loosening up,its a no brainer.

I would never run +4 timing on 91 octane.

Its like removing the packing out of your silencers and then asking why your bike is so loud.

YOU NEED HIGHER OCTANE,period.

I have never seen a worn top end vibrate a plug out without making horrible noise. Or maybe a crank out of whack really bad,but with those problems the plugs backing out would be secondary to the massive vibration and hammer like knocking you would hear.

You said it yourself,you tried different gas,and now the plugs are loosening up,its a no brainer.

I would never run +4 timing on 91 octane.

Its like removing the packing out of your silencers and then asking why your bike is so loud.

Really? You need higher octane with +4 timing??