BANSHEE WARS --NO MORE?

Like they said. They tried to do tear downs but the owners refused. If you dont have anything to hide, why hide?

I think the problem is that it is a 1 time deal. After the races every body dissapears and isnt seen again until next year. If you tried pulling that stuff at your local drag track where you ran ever weekend you would be banned from competing.

Maybe it would help if they didnt let every tom dick and harry compete. If they have never herd of you, never seen your banshee run, you dont compete regulary you can't compete in offical races. If you dont have any Credit, then you dont have any Credibility so you dont race.

well if they dont want to tear down then its an immediate DQ. simple as that. if you enter a class and win, there is no reason to not tear down to see if youre legit. if you have nothing to hide, take 30 mins and pull the top end. otherwise, these guys obviously have something to hide.

If you want to keep the D-bags out, Charge a $500 cash fee with your registration for a tear down fee, refundable only after the race is over. If you lose, you get your money back, if you win and you go through tear down, you get your money back, if you refuse, money forfeited, you get DQ'd and you move down the ladder till you find a guy who will tear down to get your winner.

Now to solve any D-baggery during the race, if your a ass, your DQ'd and you lose your money. At any point that you get DQ'd you never race again, ever. With the advent of laptops and such it would be easy to keep a list of people who can no longer compete.

what do they do take your cylinders off and check it out???

Not even that. There isnt any regulation against porting. Just engine size IE bore and Stroke. You can measure stroke with a tool going through the spark plug hole. Just measuer how far it is from bottom dead center to top dead center. Then just pop the head off and use a bore gauge to determine the bore. The jugs would say on the cases.

• 2 years later...

its not like around here coup we just race and hope for the best good luck finding motors that are your same CC size. heck i cannot count on one hand how many "its just a 350" i ran against then a year or so later it was for sale and its majically a 10 mill stocker or a 7 mill 68mm bore stocker etc. or the good ole "its just a 421 cub" and find out later its a 10 mill. gets old quick. everyone knows what i ride. and can see how fat i am. no hiding that.

i have been called a cheater many times in the past when racers actually cared. i solved that everytime with an honest " i'll tear it down if its not what i say you get the bike, if its what i say it is i get yours." never had to do one at all.

BUT nowadays the lil guys race the 611- 700cc DM's and get called slow when the huge motors just egg them out at the end. what a joke if peeps want to get mad and smack each other over it so be it. maybe they should lay off all the energy drinks and diet pills.. anymore i just go out for a good time and to see if my ldears actually work or not i dont really give a fucc who i'm racing against if anything i'm running against myself.

i have seen more BS and shit talking from most 4 stroke owners i know than anyone. wont be long and they will be at each others throats.

its not like around here coup we just race and hope for the best good luck finding motors that are your same CC size. heck i cannot count on one hand how many "its just a 350" i ran against then a year or so later it was for sale and its majically a 10 mill stocker or a 7 mill 68mm bore stocker etc. or the good ole "its just a 421 cub" and find out later its a 10 mill. gets old quick. everyone knows what i ride. and can see how fat i am. no hiding that.

i have been called a cheater many times in the past when racers actually cared. i solved that everytime with an honest " i'll tear it down if its not what i say you get the bike, if its what i say it is i get yours." never had to do one at all.

BUT nowadays the lil guys race the 611- 700cc DM's and get called slow when the huge motors just egg them out at the end. what a joke if peeps want to get mad and smack each other over it so be it. maybe they should lay off all the energy drinks and diet pills.. anymore i just go out for a good time and to see if my ldears actually work or not i dont really give a fucc who i'm racing against if anything i'm running against myself.

i have seen more BS and shit talking from most 4 stroke owners i know than anyone. wont be long and they will be at each others throats.

good points.

There won't be an other Banshee Wars in Cali....parks dept or whichever gov't agency runs the dunes banned it because of the violence and type of crowd it attracted. John from Sandtoyz was very instrumental in promoting Banshee Wars, he and I talked several times about it. He talked for a long time about organizing a two stroke wars to take it's place. Never have seen anything come of it. Problem is the amount of people it takes to get something like this going is hard to make all the pieces fit. I agree that much of the drama could be avoided by requiring a tech inspection before the race and teardown for the podium after the race.

Glamis is on Federal lands so it is managed by the BLM.

Honestly, as locals, we were happy to see Banshee Wars go... It seemed as though because it was banshee wars everyone who showed up never even thought to learn about the rules of Glamis before riding. :confused:

They're pretty simple. Wear a helmet, have a flag, don't be stupid. That's pretty much it. Seemed like during banshee wars all 3 of those rules would be thrown out the window. BLM didn't just ban Banshee Wars. Sanctioned events ANYWHERE on public lands require permits to pay for added Law Enforcement presence, crowd control as well as medical aid should it be needed. I think the people acting like children out there was just the icing on the cake. The feds were only able to turn a blind eye for so long before they finally said "no".

Key is: Don't act like an idiot and cheat. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

alot of monday quarter backs in here...

wildcard is the only one that has it down really...

banshee wars is not around because of the political BS, not because "people got mad". Banshee wars 06 went BAT SHIT CRAZY.... it was like Godzilla vs Mothra down there... everyone and there mother was cheating, the guys defending their titles got heated, and we had a bunch of drunk ass non business men step in and more then just "fists" where thrown... it was bad. The people that originally put banshee wars on will never again be able to get a permit. FOr those who have wanted to step in (i personally have checked) it takes thousands of dollars up front for permits and hoop jumping to then hope you can turn it around.

personally I find it just as fun to runt he hills on holiday weekends... someone is normally always dragging the hill and I like to beat up on 4 pokes lol.