painted plastic pics

jacquesraney

80 hours of wet sanding to get the gold off the wheels? That's crazy. I have a way of removing anodizing in just seconds. I wish I had something anodized kicking around so I could do a short vid. It'd sure save people alot of time.

Oven cleaner takes anodize off. I work in anodizing.

Wow! Your guy's Fenders look sweet!! I want to do my up a Blue color. They are Blue now(Yamaha). Can you tell me what grit sand paper you used and if you wet sanded them? What type of paint and clear(thought one guy said Automotive). Thanks for the help and advice! :headbang: You can email me at JWN199@Hotmail.com

John

Wow! Your guy's Fenders look sweet!! I want to do my up a Blue color. They are Blue now(Yamaha). Can you tell me what grit sand paper you used and if you wet sanded them? What type of paint and clear(thought one guy said Automotive). Thanks for the help and advice! :headbang: You can email me at JWN199@Hotmail.com

John

Well it all depends on how bad they are and if your trying to sand out scratchs. If there deep then start with a heavy grit like 80 or 120. If they aren't too bad then I would just scuff them with a 220 grit then prime and smooth that out with 400 or 600. And then paint. The first time I painted mine I went to automotive color supply and got a single stage paint with clear in it. This last time I just used rattle can dupicolor paint from any auto parts store. Needless to say after you paint ( if you use rattle can) then wet sand with either 1500 or 2500 grit paper to take out the orange pealing befor you clear. And put alot of clear on it so it holds up good. I put on 5 coats of clear over 3 coats of paint this last time.

search for topics ive made (theshee) in the images section. There are a shit ton of threads in there of the plastics my bro and I have done. There are some on www.dunereview.com/forums in the sponsor section too.