vito's big bore cylinder kit

Just got the results, 34 trq/65 hp 421 Vito 4mm motor w/CPI pipes. Im sorry but im out. Our play port 350s make more than that anytime!! Im sure i can get more power out of them by porting them but why spend the money on them when a Play port or the Cub will do more out of the box?

im not looking for a drag port either. my cylinders now are ported by r&b racing out of mich. im working on building my other bike up now, so thats why im looking into big bore kits, ect. a couple guys say that the vito's big bore is a good all around engine kit. great for the dunes with alot of good usable power. and like i said above, with a little port clean up you can see even better results out of it. so thats what im trying to ask if the big bore kit is a notch up from a good port job with a little work? just trying to get some more opinions before i jump on buying it.

Yea you can spend the 500 for the cylinders then pay some one another 300 for port work. Or you could buy a 4 mill crank and have your stock cylinders ported and have a way better engine.

I would do a ported 4 mill over a pair of ported vito's cylinders.

You dont have to have a 4mm to make power!!! At least we dont. :cheers:

Just got the results, 34 trq/65 hp 421 Vito 4mm motor w/CPI pipes. Im sorry but im out. Our play port 350s make more than that anytime!! Im sure i can get more power out of them by porting them but why spend the money on them when a Play port or the Cub will do more out of the box?

I think your dyno is broke Jeff.. :rotflmao:

Did you get a chance to inspect the port layout and timings? I cannot imagine them stepping too far off the already proven path but who knows. I might suspect tire slip with those dyno numbers but usually torque will go up somewhere. I would be straight pissed with those numbers on a 421... Hell, our 421 stock cylinder stuff will spank that hard!

huh.

Not our dyno. It was at LS in Waynoka and it reads very close. Yeah i hear ya.

• 4 months later...

You cant make horse power out of a 421 with stock 28mm carbs bud. Let the thing breath and you will see big numbers.

just to clarify, stock carbs aren't 28mm, they are 26mm.

Oh, well thats even!! those big engines cant breath by sucking through a straw!! I have the big bore 404 kit, and the 421 kit on order. These engines wake up huge when you throw a propper size carb on them. Iv raced many tweeked out 350's. I destroy them from 2nd gear on, i pull away like nothing.