Need measurement on +2 shocks

spooled

How long is a shock setup for a +2 a arm? I'm looking for something to replace my yfz shocks and need something close to the same length. I'm hoping a works +2 shock will be long enough. A measurement totally extended would be great. Thanks for the help!

The shocks for +2 arms are the same length as stock, they just have stiffer springs to make up for the extra leverage. If you use 450 shocks on a Banshee, with stock or +2 arms you have to compress them a bit to get them in. That's providing the shock mounts haven't been moved to accommodate the longer 450 shocks.

Stick with the Yfz shocks over Works. You will pay out your ass to find shocks that offer same adjustments the yfz shocks offer for being stock. So if you plan on spending around $700 plus for some new works or elkas that offer those adj. Your better off spending around $250ish for a dual rate spring set up for your weight and shocks. But if your weight is in around 150. Then i would have to say that the yfz shocks are to stiff for you. Here is a few questions? Where is the compression and rebound adj screws set at? Where is the preload set at? Back the preload nuts off all the way to the top. Turn the compression screw about 5 turns in from fully out. Same as the rebound.

I really don't care about how well the shocks perform technically. I just want something softer. I've tried both adjustments to both extremes and they just are too stiff. Its like the valving even at the softest setting is too hard. I am just planning on getting something used...didn't want to spend much if any cash after trading these yfz's. I've had some used works in the past and they perform plenty well for me. I've tried preload all the way down and it doesn't help much. I think its in the valving. Thanks for the help! I can build a motor from scratch but don't know much about suspension tuning.

Just remember when you buy used. You will prob have to send them in to get reworked because they are leaking or (to hard) Call up GT thunder or Race tech suspension and see if they can help you out with your shocks. Also. When you look at rebuilding used shocks. Your looking at right around $100 for the front plus parts. So it can add up just as well. That is one reason why I got the YFZ shocks because they offer so much more over after market shocks stock. But you also have to remember that a shock can take up to almost 30mins to fully warm up. So tell then, they will be a little stiff due to the oil still being cold. So doing the YFZ shocks for around $500 to have them valved and sprung for your weight and riding style. They will be right in the area of hanging with shocks around $1500.