air box v.s pods

qboronyrican

1. use the stock airbox, it directs air into the box as mentioned in this post.

2. use a k@n filter on a pro flow adapter.

3. use a k@n lid on the box

this provides double k@n filtration and flows the same as pods but provides the better low end that the air box provides due to directing the air into the box. i had pods on mine when I bought it and switched to this setup and the dyno shows the same top end and midrange but better lowend. (only by 1 hp though)

I can see both ways working just as good. I have pods on mine and I ride from snow to mud to sand with no issues ever. Dont even see a speck of mud on the outerwares. Jeff at FAST sells K&N pods with outerwares for $85. Seems to be the best deal I have found.

As for water ingestion with pods while pond skipping...... I just dont have any interest in doing that period. But I suppose the airbox might be a bit better for that sort of thing.

One thing to remember though, I have been riding a lot of dirt this winter and have to gotot he car wash after each ride. You have to make sure you put a bad around the pods before washing your quad. I have done it with out the bag and the outerwares seem to work okay but would not suggest it. Thats the only thing I dont like about them.