keep the banshee or move on

well iv had my banshee for 2 years and I have had some really good times on the banshee but also had my fair share of problems. Most of my friends ride 4 strokes and the only problems they have ever had with their bikes is there pant legs burning. I took my banshee to the dunes and lost a crank seal and only got to ride 12 hours on my trip where I should have ran it around 25-30 hours. I am considering selling my banshee and going to a raptor 700 but i know Ill always miss the banshee but that 700 is a monster of a bike.

I post this here because i wanted you guys to talk me into keeping my bike. Iv taken this bike to the dunes 3 times and I have had problems every time 2 times it was just some random problem and 1 time I take full responsibility for. Im just tired of my shit breaking and want to move to something more reliable i love the banshee but its no good to me constantly breaking down.

I always hear people say you just need to work out the kinks and your good but how do you prevent a crank seal from going or a cdi box from failing or some random bearing busting? its just the nature of the beast

You just SIMMER down right now Aman. You know damn well you will miss it. Besides you already had a 700 rappy..and sold the thing. Just keep showing some love to your shee. Hell mine never breaks down man. No go out to your garage and tell your shee your sorry for talking shit on it and give it a big hug. :lol:

Remember, ive been to your place so no more talking shit on it or ill come by and take it off your hand cheap :rotflmao:

i think if i keep it im gonna buy a spare motor and create a storage compartment in my trailer for it that way if i get a break down its only a 1 hour swap to put in a new motor and ride on. im tired of not riding because of break downs Iv covered all the electrical crap ill just buy a spare carb and spare motor everything else I can buy out there on the spot. i know its a pretty high price to pay to ride the bike but I love the banshee and just want to ride it.

Fix all of your known problems and carry some spare parts. My Banshee is an 89 model and I have very few problems with at the dunes because I do alot of preventative maintenance between rides. The problems I have had lately have been electrical, so I have been replacing my electrical components. When I work on it I don't do anything half ass, no stripped or missing screws, no reusing marginal parts, new gaskets as needed. There is not much you can do about a crank seal other than making sure it is installed properly when you put it in, make sure the seal lips are lubed and not dry at start up. All you can do about a CDI box is carry a spare and don't use crap like Ricky Stator or some other Taiwan or China crap. As faras stators, voltage regulators, etc are concerned stay with Yamaha and for CDIs go with Yamaha or Dyna, for coils use Yamaha, Dyna, or Nology. Just remember that there is a whole lot more to go wrong on a 4 joke when it gets older than there is on a Banshee.

I went through the same crap man. Constantly fixxing crap, everytime you make something better another part falls off. Then I made a long trip to the dunes and didn't have a lick of trouble for 4 days straight. Ran like a top and the 4 poke puked out. It's a coin toss. With the stuff I have the 4 strokes are all newer everything. The Banshee is a relic. I've learned the hard way which gaskets suck, what oils to use, where you can cut corners and where you need to overkill stuff. It's a learning curve just like anything else. Some of the stuff you've been having problems with can happen to anyone. Once you get those issues fixed right you shouldn't have to worry about them for a while. These things are really reliable once you figure out the limits. Just takes time, money and patience.

Yep usually when you buy a USED banshee it has been well used, beat down and broke. Most people only replace what needs to be replaced. That gives them a few kicks of fun but it usually runs out quick. You got to fix it right the first time. It costs more up front but is it worth runining riding trips? You also have to do the work right. You can throw all the new parts at it you want but if it isnt done right it wont last.

I don't know what you have for a banshee. Most are basic bikes with a few bolt-ons and only worth $1500-$1800. But if your willing to spend the same amout on BUILDING a banshee that you would on BUYING a 4 stroke....your 4 stroke friends would be throwing fits wishing they had what you had. If you ride sand...KEEP IT!

ya man i know how you feel. i blew a blaster up like the first day of our dune trips like 5 times ina row banghead it really sucks hell i cant remember cuz i was to young to no wat it was but we used a pepsi can to fix it once...... i wouldnt sugest doing that... but anyway i would keep the banshee hell workin on them is half the fun :cheers: