is 125mph beliveable?

mustarogz

loco you dont even have a top speed number on your bike, ive asked u before. im running 14,39 gearing(i think) with 20inc tires and straight cut gears with a one tooth difference. i hit 108mph on a ashphalt straight away. my bike isnt setup for top speed(i use paul turners and maxxis tires). will i ever hit 108 anywhere other than my street? no? could i do it again and tape it? well wait till the snows gone and ill bust out the radar gun. btw once u hit 90mph your helmet begins to french kiss you, at 100mph you begin to tear up.

Nope you never went 108 on your banshee. Who says you went 108 anyways?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for some reason i feel like im being doubted. ive bet you my bike ive done 108. ive clocked it beside a car that had a head start untill we were dead even, and i obviously wasnt the only one there to witness it happen. i dont see a reason for me to argue something ive confirmed and it be stupid on my part to lye and try convincing a whole website.

so go a head say i didnt, it wont make a difference because my cub is dead as of now.

for some reason i feel like im being doubted. ive bet you my bike ive done 108. ive clocked it beside a car that had a head start untill we were dead even, and i obviously wasnt the only one there to witness it happen. i dont see a reason for me to argue something ive confirmed and it be stupid on my part to lye and try convincing a whole website.

so go a head say i didnt, it wont make a difference because my cub is dead as of now.

With 14/39 gearing and 20 inch tires its impossible unless your cub revved to 11,000 RPM

i know it depends on pipes and porting, but whats a safe rpm to rev on of these out to. Something like the setup in my sig. It sounds like stock is right about 9000, with 14 41 gearing im coming up with about 73 mph, which sounds about right.

Stock is around 8600RPM i think with the mods in your sig your revving to 9000 for sure

loco you dont even have a top speed number on your bike, ive asked u before. im running 14,39 gearing(i think) with 20inc tires and straight cut gears with a one tooth difference. i hit 108mph on a ashphalt straight away. my bike isnt setup for top speed(i use paul turners and maxxis tires). will i ever hit 108 anywhere other than my street? no? could i do it again and tape it? well wait till the snows gone and ill bust out the radar gun. btw once u hit 90mph your helmet begins to french kiss you, at 100mph you begin to tear up.

Well maybe im just a big baby :cry: but six gear wide open on my quad without goggles my eyes are deffinetly tearing up. Does that mean im doing over 100 lol. Nick if i was going to believe anybody about these claims it would be you, i know you have alot of money in your bike and no need to lie. But i just dont see how its possible, maybe the gun was off? That chart doesnt figure in drag either so, idk?

Edit: by drag i mean wind resistance, im sure theres other factors also.

Cody

Edited by papa_smurf49319

Not to keep everyone arguing, but nick did say he was running different crank/clutch gears. That would give his bike a different ratio than the chart.

Yes, it will make his top speed numbers different than the chart, but not by enough to substantiate his claim of 108mph. Especially with PT pips, they don't rev high enough, or make enough power to push a banshee to those speeds.

Another factor that those charts and speed calculators don't take into consideration is wind resistance, rolling resistance of the tirs, loss through the transmission, clutch slippage, your bike being out of tune, road surface, or frictional losses inside the engine. Those are just simple math calculators based on gearing ratios of the individual gears in your transmission and sprockets. Thats it. So, real world speed would OBVIOUSLY be much less than what those calculators spit out. So, even if the calculator says you can go 100mph with A & B gearing and X tire height, it does NOT mean that's how fast you are really going here in the real world.

I think you 100+ mph guys are living in little fantasy worlds, or woke up in the middle of some kinda creepy banshee wet dream and are trying to pass it off as reality. The guys who actually do go faster than 100mph know what it takes and how ridiculous some of these mph claims are. Hell, I've never even been 90 on a banshee and I know these 100mph claims from some of you are just flat out ridiculous considering what you're claiming you have for a setup.

no fuckin way. i have been over 110 mph on a quarter mile track, on a lightened, stretched , drag ported and piped banshee. with them gears and tires, being towed behind a car at 108 you would be vibrating and the fuckin beads would be popping. nick, take your bike when running to your nearest quarter mile track on street night. they will let you run it. you will be surprised and dissapointed on what a 14 tooth will get you top speed wise. i did over 110 with 18 38 gears.and was outta gear at the eighth. argue all you like. but it is against the laws of physics with the gearing you claim. we have been here 100 times.

no fuckin way. i have been over 110 mph on a quarter mile track, on a lightened, stretched , drag ported and piped banshee. with them gears and tires, being towed behind a car at 108 you would be vibrating and the fuckin beads would be popping. nick, take your bike when running to your nearest quarter mile track on street night. they will let you run it. you will be surprised and dissapointed on what a 14 tooth will get you top speed wise. i did over 110 with 18 38 gears.and was outta gear at the eighth. argue all you like. but it is against the laws of physics with the gearing you claim. we have been here 100 times.

Even over 70 MPH on pavement with knobbies is fucking scary the thing just floats

Hell, I've never even been 90 on a banshee and I know these 100mph claims from some of you are just flat out ridiculous considering what you're claiming you have for a setup.

bet on that. ive never had my 10mm cub in 6th gear. i know what speeds itll pull in 6th at WOT and i dont even wanna go there. besides, the bike shakes so bad at anything above 70mph theres no way im tryin to go any faster.

I've watched friends do @70 down the road...Your tires aren't even balanced! At 70 they jump and pulse so bad you'd think they were going to jump off the rims. The 1/4 mile bikes run drag slicks, TALL tires and even taller gears. They have 2-3 times the power of the bikes that are claiming these big numbers. Gearing charts aren't opinion...they are physical facts. With your "100MPH Club" guys way of thinking, I guess I could just find a nice flat road, put some tires and gears on my 10 speed and I'll be at 100 in no time. :blink: I know your talking about pavement in this dicussion, but a 75HP banshee in sand max's out at 60MPH. The hillbilly hauler tubocharged banshee with a busa motor is just touching over 100 at olds hill. Any chance your friends were full of _hit and just told you you were going over 100? I'd tell you that! Then we'd all laugh behind your back every time you told someone you could go 100. Here's an idea...go to a track. Get a time slip. PROVE US WRONG. Find a traffic sign that reads out your speed. Drop the banshee off and have a friend video your pass. (no plates on a banshee, so what have you got to loose) Don't go on and on with your BS about pacing a car. Ever thought to ask yourself how accurate a factory gauge is over 55? They offer different rear gears and tires for every model car and truck. But they don't have different speedo's for each different set-up. Trust the veteran's who are saying "No" 125 is BS. So far all you guys with 100+claims (other than the 1/4 mile guys with the crazy big gears, tires and motors) don't have the motor, tire or gear to even get close to 100. Your 350 ain't That bad!

Edited by WINDYCITYJOHN400