Swingarm question

Wolf

I need help deciding between a +2 and a +4 swingarm for a dune driven banshee. (I usually ride at buttercup, gordons, or glamis) I've heard that a +4 is great for hill climbing which is a big part of my dune riding but I'm worried that im going to loose too much manuverability. Anyone had any dune experience with a +4 or +2 and prefer one over the other? Also if i decide with the +4 do I need to get new suspension or can I just adjust the stock ones?

+4 will be just fine. It will take a little getting used to but youll be whippen it around in no time. Yor stock shock will also work fine. Of course if you have the funds to get suspension DO IT. Its a very overlooked part of many bikes.

go with the +4. you will get used to it very quickly. ive got a +6 that i can whip around like its stock.

Sounds good. So the suspension and the +4 swingarm would be worth the money? I assume both would make the bike climb hills faster and the bike would cruise better over whoops.

It should be better for dragging too then. About how much is all around suspension to match the +4 going to cost?

You can spend just about as much as you want on suspension. The Elka rear with there special link runs $1250. You can have your stock shock re sprung and valved from several places for around $300 depending on what they have to do to it. Or you can just have it re sprung for the 4 over.

Fronts-You can pick up a set of YFZ 450 shocks for around $200. Elkas will run $500 - $1200 depending on the type of adjustment you require from them.

I think Wiorks, TSC, Fox, and all the others are about in the same price range.

SP

You can spend just about as much as you want on suspension. The Elka rear with there special link runs $1250. You can have your stock shock re sprung and valved from several places for around $300 depending on what they have to do to it. Or you can just have it re sprung for the 4 over.

Fronts-You can pick up a set of YFZ 450 shocks for around $200. Elkas will run $500 - $1200 depending on the type of adjustment you require from them.

I think Wiorks, TSC, Fox, and all the others are about in the same price range.

SP

Alright. I'll probably end up getiing elka's for the rear with the +4 swing. It'll be worth the monney. Thanks.

I would for sure go with the +4 swingarm, and I would save the cash and just go with the iebach spring for the rear for $89 bucks, that will work fine, if you were to go longer then maybe have the shock revalved. I'm 280 and had a +6 and a iebach spring on the rear and it works great and I ride really aggressive here on the oregon dunes.