Setup needed to smoke YFZ450

sixsicsix19

the tors kit should have come with idle screws and a drill and tap. If not call jeff at fast he has the drill tap screw set. Also if you run in mud then keep the stock air box, mount a k@n filter inside with a pro flow plate and add a k@n lid. It provides double k@n filtration, keeps the mud off the inside filter and flows as good as pods.

NO porting the motor will not make you run race gas. The only reason people have to run race fuel is when they take their compression to numbers above 160. If your compression is below those numbers then just 92-94 octane pump fuel will be just fine.

If your having trouble with your carbs call jeff he will help you out and he will give you prices on porting when you decide to do that. Porting is one of the biggest power gainers out there and you will be roosting that 450 in no time.

http://www.farmandsandtoys.com/contactus.asp

website.

I waited till the end of the season last year to get mine ported cuz I planned to freshen up the top end. I had Kevin@ Herr Jugs do mine. I always read on here what a difference it made. Damn! They weren't lyin! Had I known, I wouldn't have waited till the end of the season! I couldn't believe the difference! You will NOT be dissapointed with a good port job! Kevin made it easy for me. Great communication and will answer any set-up/jetting questions after!!

When you install the tors delete kit, Your suppose to install idle screws.... Most kits come with them, but sometimes you have to buy them separate.... You actually have to drill each carb, and install one in each carb..... Just be patient, its not hard to do......And on stock, carbs, there are about 3ways to synch the carbs..... If you look, there is a site window on the carbs.... When both carbs are synched properly, when you push the thumb throttle in, you will see a line on the carb slides, thru the site windows... When they are synched right, you will be able to see the line thru the site window, in the same spot, on each carb.....2nd way, is to get a synch tool, from Jeff at F.A.S.T. Then you just set each carb, with the exact vacuum reading , on each carb.... then you rev it a bit to a higher rpm, and make sure readings are still same on each carb.... 3rd way, you stand at the back of the bike, and actually watch the carb slides, with the airfilter off, and adjust until they are dead exact, from off idle, to mid throttle, and at full throttle.... IF YOU GOOGLE carb synchronization for a banshee, there is plenty of videos to show you how its done.....and different methods.... There may even be link on here to show you how to do it..... And make sure if you do race that yfz 450 in the dirt, you got sum good good durt tires, because, banshees tend to blow the tires off (spin) in the dirt, hard,,and thats when them four pokes will get you...

• 1 month later...

ok i got the idle screws installed on the carbs. but now i have another problem it seems like i cant get it to start unless i tilt the banshee on its side and let the gas drain out threw the carb be4 i start it. Its like its not getting gas to the carbs or something? also i removed the airbox and installed a toomey 2 into 1 airfilter and i got t-5 pipes so i started with a 280 main jet and the clip in the middle and 1.5 out on the air screw but when i rev it up it seems like it pops alot when i take the spark plugs out and check them they r kinda a grey to brownish color does it sound like its running lean? usually their should be alittle bit of a oily residue on the plugs right? where i live is 318.4 feet above sea level in texas. also i'm gonna go ahead and have the motor ported every1 on this board says to send it 2 Jeff Wendorff but who else would yall also recommend?

I just smoked a modded 450 last night. It was piped, ported and was on race gas. He weighed 160 I way 240. Mods on my bike T5's, Fast dune port, 28pwk's, pro design cool head 20 cc domes, stock cages aftermarket reeds, timing plate plus 4, pod filters. He could hang pretty good until fourth gear but from then on I put about ten bikes on him. The 450 seemed really quick but lacks top end imo. :cheers:

I think pipes, air box lid holes/jetting, and +4 timing is stock 450 beating material unless he's a rider who's quite a bit faster then you and gets way better starts/traction