banshee not starting properly

newfierider

I'm gonna get another compresssion tester just to make sure before i do that but if i give her a fresh bore n hone i would have to get bigger pistons rite? and wat size are the cylinders of a stock banshee?

Yes you wil have to get bigger pistons, I would recomend letting whoever does your boring supply the Wiseco pistons, that way if he has to go up more than 1 size to get it cleaned up, you are not stuck with a set of pistons that don't fit. Stock bore size is 64 mm, but is that where you are at? You bought the bike used and don't know all of the history. The reason the other guy might not have bored it could be because it is maxed out on bores and you will have to either sleeve it or get different cylinders, I am not saying that is the way it is, but it is a possibility. I strongly recomend Wiseco pistons, but make sure your machinist is familiar with them and knows how to measure them and bore for the correct clearances.

Yes you wil have to get bigger pistons, I would recomend letting whoever does your boring supply the Wiseco pistons, that way if he has to go up more than 1 size to get it cleaned up, you are not stuck with a set of pistons that don't fit. Stock bore size is 64 mm, but is that where you are at? You bought the bike used and don't know all of the history. The reason the other guy might not have bored it could be because it is maxed out on bores and you will have to either sleeve it or get different cylinders, I am not saying that is the way it is, but it is a possibility. I strongly recomend Wiseco pistons, but make sure your machinist is familiar with them and knows how to measure them and bore for the correct clearances.

the next size up from 64mm would be 64.25. right?

Edited by newfierider