New (to me) Banshee

pondtunes

Hey man 400 bucks and a running banshee is a deal. As others have stated you def. need to get a carb boot and a K&n filter. Cleaning the carbs would also benefit you cause as others have stated you probably sucked some dirt in there. If catastrophic damage was going to happen my bet would be it already would have. Before you go messing with the idle at least do/fix the boot, filter, and clean the carbs. Good luck man. Any questions were here to help

damn man, the thing needs alot of work indeed. Seems like the guy that owned it before you decided to do some redneck inventions rather than spending some money to fix it right. If i were you id sell it. Some other guys here will disagree, but i think your better off selling it

And one of the BHQ rules is, do not listen to this kid. He might trade you pipes though

Edited by WantABanshee

That is a serious case of abuse and neglect. Call C.P.S. on his ass.

Is it me, on the second picture it look like your silencers is missing the outlet pipe. I cant tell but is the cross over tube missing. Best money you could spend is on a Clymer service, repair and maintenance manual, some member know were you can download it. The wire cut, plastic thing with knobs you had mention is called T.O.R.S. its a safety system, so when the throttle sticks it will shut of the ignition. Get a removal kit, makes tunning and working on the bike easy.

Well Welcome to the HQ. Have fun with your banshee, or money pit as some of us like to call it.

Thanks guys, just picked up some parts from baker, namely things to get the air box and such back to the way it's supposed to be. Everything arrived just as he represented it. As for them being money pits i'm sure its like anything else.. I have a boat and we describe a boat as a fiberglass, wood, or metal hole in the water into which you pour money. A quad could be described as a rolling metal and plastic hole in the dirt into which we pour money ;)

Okay guys, got some parts from baker in the mail and now i've got a spiffy set of carb boots, an air cleaner and I picked up a radiator cover plastic from fleebay. Got all of it installed and ran across a few other things as I was working on the bike..

IMG00188-20100219-1734.jpg

Point #1 Okay I know the hose pictured here isn't a proper fuel line hose, so thats on the list of shit to replace. But notice the hint of fuel leaking there? Its the elbow that goes into the carb.. It's loose to the point you can wiggle it right out.... How do I repair this?

IMG00189-20100219-1736.jpg

This is where the exhaust pipe meets the header, the rubber here is shot and leaking.. The other end is also shot but appears to have a bit of hose on it, is hose acceptable here or in the next pic or is there a proper term for this rubber seal?

IMG00190-20100219-1736.jpg

The other end of the pipe that meets the silencer.

Since putting on the air cleaner the shee has developed a full throttle bog... If i slowly crank the throttle back and accellerate i have no problems, however if i dump it the motor will bog and then backfire... Didn't notice this before the air cleaner so it seems to be a new occurance.

I also repaired a multitude of melted wires near the airbox which in turn fixed my rear brake light ;)

Did you take the carbs apart yet? Judging from the pics, you really need to do some cleaning. Pull the float bowls off and make sure everything is clean. Hold it up to the light and make sure you can see through the jets.

As far as the exhaust goes, you can buy some hi-temp heater hose to seal between the header and stinger pipes. Or if you have some extra cash, buy some nice collars.

Let us know the jet sizes when you pull the carbs. Good luck