rear shock

tony cub

i have a +8 ladder bar swinger with a stock shock set up.the problem im having is when the powerband hits the ass of the bike gets down so low that the silencer hit the rear brake caliper..i know that i can solve this problem by just buying a rear marvin and have it set up to my wants,but its just not in the budget at the moment.any ideas on other stiffer shocks out there that i can use to solve this issue.

thanks in advance.

Im going to be watching this thread close. I just put a +8 on mine as well and im having the same issue....rear shock is extremely soft and squats waaay to much... What can we do besides shelling out big $$$ for a shaw?

The cheapest way to fix this issue is to buy a heavier spring for the rear shock. If all your doing is drag racing on dirt, that may fix the problem. If your racing across rough sand, you may need to have the rear shock revalved for your weight as well. A spring will cost you around $125.

The cheapest way to fix this issue is to buy a heavier spring for the rear shock. If all your doing is drag racing on dirt, that may fix the problem. If your racing across rough sand, you may need to have the rear shock revalved for your weight as well. A spring will cost you around $125.

+1.... Took the works right out of my mouth.