Pipes or Porting

Profilact

Well guys, I have a problem. I've got a little extra cash to spend after buying all new bottom end parts and don't know what to do. I'm currently running DG pipes, which we all know are not the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Problem is this: Do I spring for pipes, or have my cylinders ported? I'm afraid that the 4mil setup with stock bore will be a little disappointing without one or the other.

Profilact

Who's 4 mil set up is it? Without knowing that, it is hard to say. If the motor is apart, I would probably do the porting while you are in there. It is a pretty easy job to change the pipes after you get it running. Or, you can port it while it is apart and then see if you can find some better pipes while you are putting it together,so that once it is together, you only have to dial in your jetting once.

You will be MUCH happier getting them ported now and changing pipes later!! :headbang:

Believe it or not but DG's banshee pipes run pretty good especially with a 200lb or over rider. Don't know what you weigh.If you just did the crank you will gain quite a bit due to the added port timing and CCs by going with more stroke but if you have Jeff do a play port on it you'll gain a bunch more. True sleeper 450 killer with doller general pipes. A friend is doing a 4 mil crank and putting on his old crappy set of DGs just for that reason.

Don't get me wrong it will run a bit better with different pipes like T5s but you'll gain 10 or 20hp by going 4mil with porting and then gain another few hp with pipes later. I'd take the 15 hp for a few hundred now. One thing about the DG pipes is they fall off powerwise after a few hard runs due to heat in the pipe and going bigger on the motor will not help that but should be fine unless you wanna hot lap wide open constantly. On the bright side a 4mil with those pipes can pull a boat.lol

450 killer with doller general pipes.

Funny, i havent heard that saying in years.

On the bright side a 4mil with those pipes can pull a boat.lol

Lol, Is that like pullin the ass out of a Rhino off idle?? :rotflmao:

But yeah on a side note, as said the DG pipes do run pretty decent for a play bike. Strong bottom to mid with ok top end.

Please clean them and scrape the gaskets. Pack them well including name and phone # with a note in the box and ship to http://www.farmandsandtoys.com/contactus.asp