moose 250w stator

smokin 421

has anybody ever used one of these i need to get rid of my 200w ricky stator and need the wattage for lighting. Is there any body else who makes the high output stators besides lazerstar and are the moose stators any good?

thanks

Nick

If you absolutly need a high out put stator I would run a Ricks Motorsport Electrics stator. The down side is that they are expensive. You get what you pay for. If dont want to break your wallet out then chances are what ever brand of stator you get is going to come from the same place, tiwan or china.

If you absolutly need a high out put stator I would run a Ricks Motorsport Electrics stator. The down side is that they are expensive. You get what you pay for. If dont want to break your wallet out then chances are what ever brand of stator you get is going to come from the same place, tiwan or china.

Moose has always made halfway decent things. I guess if you don't mind tearing your bike apart if it breaks, give it a shot. Just make sure they have a decent warranty, and won't deny the warranty for stupid reasons.

I have done that twice with ricky stator's. Both were on dune trips from nebraska to little sahara in oklahoma. You cant exactly run back home to get what you need. I was just gald I had an OEM as a backup. I wont run anything but an oem. I shelled out 300 bucks to get a bran spanking new one as a back up. It isnt worth the head ache for me.

price isnt an issue just want to get the best one out there and not have any problems. is the ricks motorsport made in the US? im not sure how to run the dual regulators is it pretty easy to do?

Buy the Moose stator, and an extra regulator. Like I said before, I've had mine for 8 + years, and I've had no problems at all. If you need the extra lighting power, you can't go wrong with this set-up.

ok how do you wire up the second regulator and do you just get another stock regulator?