New Guy Ready for a sick shee!

Whats up everyone in this wonderful site, well my story is I'm 28 years old and I live in Fresno, Ca. I bought my first BANSHEE in 2004 brand new in 2004 I put a set of Toomey T5 pipes and silencers with a Dyno Jet Kit, and Uni air filter. I had big plans for this beautiful machine. But in March of 2005 I had a beautiful boy who took up a lot of my time as well as money Im sure most of you have heard similar stories. About a year ago I bought him his first quad and now he wants nothing more than for me to me finish my shee.

I mostly ride in the dunes at Pismo Beach, Ca. and at the desert in California City such as jawbone and Dumont, so know you know my story and the terrain i predominantly ride at know for the wallet size well I'am limited but I'm willing to do things in steps so first i would like to spend between 500 and 1000$ from what I have read so far from you wonderful people. I'm thinking of advancing my timing porting, from there I might be kind of clueless I have a great engine guy here and town who loves working on shees. I will attach some pictures basically Im wanting to give me some more performance at the sand drags and climbing huge dunes so please help needed badly for my new addiction.

hey bro, welcome to HQ :cheers:

i hope you didnt want to keep any of your money because it goes fast when buying banshee parts!

so you still have the 2004 with pipes? thats a pretty good base and for the kind of money youre willing to spend, you can have a pretty good running bike.

hey bro, welcome to HQ :cheers:

i hope you didnt want to keep any of your money because it goes fast when buying banshee parts!

so you still have the 2004 with pipes? thats a pretty good base and for the kind of money youre willing to spend, you can have a pretty good running bike.

Yup I almost sold on a couple of occasions but wife convinced me to she knew how much I love this bike. At the time everyone I talked to said go with the T5's so I did that and then ran into a stailmate I have done a little bit of bling some Tusk nerf bars, renthal handlebars, custom radiator grill, and tusk front bumper and gas cap. So it looks good but I wanna know it is sick you feel me????

Since your in cali you should send your juggs to kevin at herrjuggsracing hes very popular in these forums for building sick motors. Theres other builders on here and you can check site sponsors if you want a diff builder. Or if you feel better with your local one go with it.

Get ya a good port job dune/hillshooter port

adjustable timing plate

cool head with interchangeable domes. allows you to change compression in your motor.

That will have you around 635 bucks give or take for shipping charges. The port is what is really gonna wake her up and best bang for the buck next to pipes.

Also if your tors are still on your carbs take them off. This will get you started and like loco said its a drug you wont stop till there are just no more parts to buy.

Since your in cali you should send your juggs to kevin at herrjuggsracing hes very popular in these forums for building sick motors. Theres other builders on here and you can check site sponsors if you want a diff builder. Or if you feel better with your local one go with it.

Get ya a good port job dune/hillshooter port

adjustable timing plate

cool head with interchangeable domes. allows you to change compression in your motor.

That will have you around 635 bucks give or take for shipping charges. The port is what is really gonna wake her up and best bang for the buck next to pipes.

Also if your tors are still on your carbs take them off. This will get you started and like loco said its a drug you wont stop till there are just no more parts to buy.

Kodie thank you guys fr all the hospitality this is probably one of the best forums Ive been affiliated with yes and and I would love to show juggs some love i have no real loyalty with the builder here other than he is reputable never had any work done by him so Id rather develop some new relationships out of town. Where exactly is juggs located. Now when you say dune/hillshooter port what does that consist of? What do you recommend for an adjustable timing plate I saw a prodesign on ebay with the advance/retard numbers engraved on the stator. Also can I put the cool heads on without putting the interchangeable domes, the reason i ask is because someone gave me the pro design cool heads Ive had them I just didnt want to put them on without the new domes if it was gonna mess something up. Now when im reading about the domes I see from 15cc to 22cc what do those numbers mean and what do you suggest?

if youre planning on motor work, i would call a builder and ask them your questions. we can answer them, but youre going to get a lot of right answers based on everyones own experiences. a builder will tell you what he thinks will be best for your riding needs. i know that kevin @ herr jugs is a super nice guy and can answer anything you need to know.

i always recommend calling around and seeing who fits your budget and style. all of the HQ sponsors are super good people and will always take time to help customers.

exactly what loco said the builder will answer all of your questions and should have all the parts from cool head to domes to timing plate in stock.

The number cc on the side of the domes are the size of domes 22cc is basically stock maybe a little more not sure on that. But as you go down in number 21, 20, 19 and so on the compression on your motor will start to increase which helps with power. You gotta watch it tho if you go down to far in cc's your compression will go up so much you will need to run 110 octane race fuel. Im pretty sure the cut off from 93-94 pump gas (what ever the highest you can get) is 160 psi. Also you elevation plays a roll in the size domes you can run. Your builder will be able to help you with what cc domes to run and what setting to have for the timing plate and all the good stuff.

Here is the website to herr juggs

http://herrjugsracing.com/index.html

But like loco said look at all the site sponsers and see which one you want they are all great guys.

Yea a dune port is a fun engine.

A dune port gives up low end in exchange for mid and top end.

A drag port gives up all low end and some mid range in exchange for even more top end than the dune port.

Porting a 2 stroke is like putting a cam shaft in a 4 stroke engine. The more aggressive you get the less bottom end you have but gain more top end. A dune port is a pretty good balance for a banshee. It has a strong mid range and will rev and pull harder on the top end.

Porting is your next biggest jump in HP.

Port the cylinders, do the timing plate, and have your stock cylinder head milled. Make sure you talk to Kevin he will steer you in the right direction. He will want to know what kind of fuel you want to run. Pump Premium, or Race Fuel. That way he can shave the head accordingly. You want to shoot for about 150 psi of compression running +4 timing to run pump premium fuel. You shoot for around 185 psi to run straight race fuel.

josh

Add a timing plate, coolhead, V force 3 reeds for bolt ons. Then your on to porting and thats when the power really shines. You dont have to have a 4mm stroker to get power. Our 350cc Dune/Play ports are no joke and a blast to ride. Ask Rubberneck on here as he has rode lots of different builds and will probably tell you his F.A.S.T. 350 is the most fun to ride. Call around and talk to the builders, they will help you choose a build to suite YOU! Welcome to HQ.

Add a timing plate, coolhead, V force 3 reeds for bolt ons. Then your on to porting and thats when the power really shines. You dont have to have a 4mm stroker to get power. Our 350cc Dune/Play ports are no joke and a blast to ride. Ask Rubberneck on here as he has rode lots of different builds and will probably tell you his F.A.S.T. 350 is the most fun to ride. Call around and talk to the builders, they will help you choose a build to suite YOU! Welcome to HQ.

Here is another builder to look at, I've dealt with jeff and his turn around time is great and has great prices. And customer service is top notch.

Welcome to HQ. Yes the best site with many knowledgeable people to help you out. Having a banshee is a very addicting hobby to have but i love as many others on here do too. I don't now if someone mentioned it but if you go with a adjustable timing plate which is the best bang for the buck, stay away from the cast type of plates they suck and strip bolts out easily. Chariot or any type of billet timing plate is the way to go. Im looking to spend about $1000 in motor work or suspension items pretty soon. That grand you have will go quickly trust me. Just depends how fast your willing to go. Good luck bro and any questions you have bring em up on here, most likely someone has been there and done that. Let's see your shee post them pics up

Edited by FrankieSquid