Turbo Banshee

johstoncounty banshee

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nitrous cub: the builders mentioned can do it, depending on where your at and which would be more conveinent for you to send your cases off to. oringing the cases though isnt really necessary till your hitting higher boost and if you look at it you want to have the back side of the cases welded (internally) to give you more sealing space/mating surface for the cases to seal.

im building my cub for a huge shot off nitrous im doing everything i need to make it stronger to handle the nitrous should i get the o ring case also or is it onlly for boost ?

if it were me, no not till i had to do it. as long as you dont have the motor with high compression and alot of timing when you try to cram alot of spray into it i wouldnt think youd need to oring the cases. if your that much wanting to make the bottom end bullet proof then i would get the back trans area welded with extra material and then plan on trying to weld the bottom of the cases to give you more there too. with a small stroke (4 or so and under) where your not trenching the cases and taking alot of material away you shouldnt have a problem..

the cylinder pressures when your spraying it especially with alot will increase dramatically.

the 392 cub that i just got done putting together to play with till my big bike is complete, i set up with 21cc domes and that lowered the compression quite a bit to where i feel comfortable putting a 50 shot to it with no problems thats completely stock cases too..

Well my oil pump will be here thursday.I got my oil supply tank mounted and the lines runing out to the turbo and where the oil pump will be.Also got the plumbing run from my tank to the fuel pump and to the fuel rail want be long now.I will post up some new pics friday.

One of the biggest issues even Dan Hull has with his turbo motors is keeping it in tune.

If the temp changes 10 degrees...it changes things. They are a bear to tune.

However...

Johnson is putting fuel injection on it. I really, really want to see how this works out.

I would rather see a fuel injected turbo bike make pass after pass then a carb's turbo or even a bike spraying a shit ton of Nitrous.

Keep up the good work...I'll be following this through completion as well.

Don't use Photobucket...their pictures expire.

I've been using imageshack.us for years...easy, free, no sign up and they don't expire.

One of the biggest issues even Dan Hull has with his turbo motors is keeping it in tune.

If the temp changes 10 degrees...it changes things. They are a bear to tune.

However...

Johnson is putting fuel injection on it. I really, really want to see how this works out.

I would rather see a fuel injected turbo bike make pass after pass then a carb's turbo or even a bike spraying a shit ton of Nitrous.

Keep up the good work...I'll be following this through completion as well.

Don't use Photobucket...their pictures expire.

I've been using imageshack.us for years...easy, free, no sign up and they don't expire.

Thanks for the support you have helped me in the past.The reason i think it will be much easier is because of the fuel injection.You have all of the sensors then all you have to do is tune it with your lab top.Know more takeing carbs apart every min,just plug up and go.

I know Kevin Gigot has had good luck with EFI on a banshee.

I can't tell you if he's used a turbo before...I don't know.

But he's a mad scientist type guy that does most, if not all of his own R&D work.

Great guy....just a wealth of knowledge. If you hit a stumbling block on the EFI...hit him up.

He's not the secretive type person, he wants the sport and it's technology to grow where everybody benefits from it....

I think that the hard to tune thing is from using the blowthrough setup. carbs were setup up to work off of vaccume, not have pressure forced through them. The fuel injection will work well and will not be as sensitive to air temp and density altitude. good luck just remember you need about twice as much fuel on alky so make sure you have enough injector before you start cranking the boost up. The other thing is mae sure you have enough injector pressure so that they open under boost. didn't kevin have a turbo 250r?

I know Kevin Gigot has had good luck with EFI on a banshee.

I can't tell you if he's used a turbo before...I don't know.

But he's a mad scientist type guy that does most, if not all of his own R&D work.

Great guy....just a wealth of knowledge. If you hit a stumbling block on the EFI...hit him up.

He's not the secretive type person, he wants the sport and it's technology to grow where everybody benefits from it....

i know kevin he has tuned many of my buddys bike one is a 07 yfz450 with efi running on e85

:confused: So if you run your motor without the head, crank, pistons, or transmission, the cases won't flex?

lol, na thats for saving weight.. i just cant put the cheeseburgers down so thats the next best thing.. :jesterlaugh:

i was just test fitting the cylinders..i have to get the new billet output shaft in and cut the trans for 6th gear override and ill have it back together and back in the chassis..