what type of clutches should i use!?

rangerjay

Every one that I know that runs a tusk clutch has had nothing but good luck with them.

This includes a 421 built by K&T. That one needed a but load of holes drilled into the basket, but holds just fine with out a lock up.

I would bet you would get pretty good life out of a Stock OEM banshee clutch running a lockup. I have a Barnett Carbon Fiber clutch kit running a Direct Drive Lockup with OEM Yamaha Springs. It has held up fine but it just makes the oil dark. Like I said if I had it to do all over again it would be a fast clutch.

I would bet you would get pretty good life out of a Stock OEM banshee clutch running a lockup. I have a Barnett Carbon Fiber clutch kit running a Direct Drive Lockup with OEM Yamaha Springs. It has held up fine but it just makes the oil dark. Like I said if I had it to do all over again it would be a fast clutch.

i too was running the barnett carbon fiber clutch which seemed great until i switched to the cub, then within a couple of rides it started to slip like a mofo, and by no means was that a cheap setup :shootself:

do it right, do it once, put the fast clutch in there and be done with it :clap:

Just go with the FAST clutch and be done with it. Jeff's a super guy and the sponsors help keep this site going.

With that being said, any clutch kit not made in China will be fine as long as you run heavy duty springs. Spring pressure is what keeps the clutches from getting smoked.

I've been running the same $50 Tusk clutch with all 6 HD springs for over 4 years now with a 90 hp motor with zero slippage. I recently installed an overide and lockup (3 trips ago) and the clutch still looked brand new, so it went back in. I was amazed that my OEM basket was grooved all to hell, but there was hardly any sign of wear on the the outer clutch tabs themselves.

Edited by Titan up