I have a huge dilemna!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my YFZ for several reasons. I came across a deal, I needed a practical bike for all types of riding, and the banshee was an endless list of mods and “wants” of stuff I just had to have....lol

What it came down to is, I can only afford one bike, and the YFZ was brand new. I parted the shee to fund what I wanted to upgrade on the YFZ. I know the YFZ was pretty much set up for what I needed, and mods would be limited. I have done all I wanted to it after a few months of owning it.

For me, it is a revolving door of hobbies while I am young. I got rid of a hotrod to get the shee, I will do the same with the YFZ when that time comes. Might be a 10mil next time. Who knows.. :evil:

My choice had nothing to do with the banshee not being dependable. I had trouble with it yes, but all easy to fix. Hell I rebuilt the entire bike just by reading this forum. I think it all depends on how much time and money your willing to make your bike the way you need it to be. Any built bike that is well taken care of will be dependable. It is just a matter of when they break, not if they break.

Rajun Cajun, you're just as stupid as my simple minded roommate who is from Chalmette. Southern people make southern people look bad and you are a prime example of one. Nice work on being the posterchild of how ignorant ppl are from louisiana. I'm constantly working on that thing. If its not one thing, its another. I'm just tired of working on it. I think a 4stroke may be more dependable from what I've seen and all my friends have them and zero problems.

I got fed up with my old lt250r,and traded it for a 400ex,first ride out on the ex i broke a shift fork,And i had to tear down the whole motor,and i will never do it again

Original87, thats what I think I'll do. Its so close now, I would kick myself in the ass if I got rid of it. Its grown on me and its just lil shit now. I need to redo the floats bcuz they are sticking and redo the shift shaft and shiftstar and hopefully thats it.

best of luck with your bike man! let us all know how it goes and i think your gonna like what u have in the end cause theres nothin like a shee :headbang:

since ever.....i have a 450 and its fun and i used to think that a banshee need it to have a 4 mil to beat my 450..........boy was i wrong my 350 will kick my 450 ass and its not even a race...but what do i know i'am just a guy that spends all his time/money trying to tune/make shit faster.....

Who's talking only 450s? How about 700s? Take a 3 mod Raptor vs. a Banshee with exhaust, intake and jetting and I'll put my money on the 700 every time (which is comparable mods). I also didn't think a stock 700 that does 70mph out of the box was considered slow. Take a stock banshee vs a stock raptor and the banshee is left in the dust clouds. We can take it one step further and talk about suspension and handling but then you already know there wouldn't be a match.

I love banshee's but don't talk non-sense saying 4 strokes are slow. If we talk the most common simple bolt on mods (the majority of riders do) the 4 strokes whip up on the banshees.

Who's talking only 450s? How about 700s? Take a 3 mod Raptor vs. a Banshee with exhaust, intake and jetting and I'll put my money on the 700 every time (which is comparable mods). I also didn't think a stock 700 that does 70mph out of the box was considered slow. Take a stock banshee vs a stock raptor and the banshee is left in the dust clouds. We can take it one step further and talk about suspension and handling but then you already know there wouldn't be a match.

I love banshee's but don't talk non-sense saying 4 strokes are slow. If we talk the most common simple bolt on mods (the majority of riders do) the 4 strokes whip up on the banshees.

i actually go out and race alot......so i dont want to race anyone on the hq,i like the real deal, if you know what i mean, but thanks for the offer anyway. :shootself:

Ho and by the way just because your definition of FAST is not the same as mine doesn't mean aether one of us is wrong............sorry to get off topic