What do you guys use to keep your Banshee lookin all purdy after its gotten muddy and whatnot?

jon321

If you use a power washer, careful if you have an oring chain. It can and will blow the rings out. It did it to me. It was about time for a new chain anyways.

When you first posted this bike I thought it was Spurdy's bike. I did a double take on the mods. lol...

And I used to run CPIs also! But my hubs are silver instead of yellow.

SP

I agree, post up some more pics if you get a chance. And let's see some of those AKs too!!!!

Heres a few of the AK pics

This is a Russian Saiga 12 gauge semi auto

Picture067.jpg

My Romanian SAR-1 and Wasr 10

Picture003.jpg

Me being goofy

Picture060.jpg

CZ 75 with lasr grips 9mm

Picture036.jpg

Picture035.jpg

I dont know what to say about this one,lol!

Picture.jpg

Edited by jon321

• 4 weeks later...

If your gonna use a power wash to cleanup do you need to cover up the air filters to stop the water entering. I was thinking to just cover them with a plastic bag. Thing is only option i have is to take it to a garage to let them clean it for me and they just blast everywhere. I do ask them not to get too close, about 4ft away. Should I cover up the filters before i let them loose on it?

If your gonna use a power wash to cleanup do you need to cover up the air filters to stop the water entering. I was thinking to just cover them with a plastic bag. Thing is only option i have is to take it to a garage to let them clean it for me and they just blast everywhere. I do ask them not to get too close, about 4ft away. Should I cover up the filters before i let them loose on it?

You need to either cover your filters with plastic bags or take them off cap off the carbs with a pvc caps.

Your bike is sweet.

You got one heck of a deal there, and thats one badass machine for a person who never owned a shee before.

As for cleaning, i use some simple green or orange cleaner, maybe some degreaser if necessary, i usually dilute the solvents with some water.

I kept the chrome to a minimal bc mine is a trail bike and i rather not spend 3 hrs polishing after every ride banghead

As long as you clean after every ride and don't let the shit sit on the bike, the bike will stay nice..It isnt easy keeping them nice, they start to look like shit fast if you start slipping.

I always though that dune bikes are easier to maintain, but after riding glamis for 10 days i have totally different thoughts, the sand dulls the shit out of everything, my front bumper,a-arms, axle etc where so dull when i got home it was depressing. espcially since i got a full set of rims/paddles for the trip and the rims looked 2years old after the trip :whoa:

Anyways, good luck with your new toy

Joe

X2 on the simplegreen. That shit is great. I also use foaming engine degresser. Then pressure wash and sponge. Wash it religiously after ever ride and you will look fresh for a long time. Just throw a shopping bag over the filter and you should be fine.