banshee wasted to much gas

ok i don't know whats wrong with my bike but i wastes gas really really really fast my friend told me it might be my carb slides cause one is lifting up before the other one but what do you guys think it can be? also the screw that controls the carb slids do they have to go all the way down or all the way up?

Banshee's drink A LOT of gas, they are twin two strokes, You need to buy a clymers manual... The carb slides are supposed to slide at the same time, use the adjusters on top of the carbs to adjust them...there are two screws on the side if you have a TORS eliminator kit, the big one is for idle, the little one should be about 1 and 1/2 turns out from being all the way in, its the pilot screw.

a stock motor banshee really doesnt burn THAT much gas.. it all depends on how you ride, i can burna tank off in less than 2 hours, or i can ride for 4 hours on a tank

but if you feel like its burning more gas than it USED TO all of a sudden, turn your gas on while its running and see if the gas is leaking out of one of the overflow tubes, that will make you burn through a tank REAL QUICK if your float is stuck,i think everyone has been through that

definitely syn those carbs , that isnt why you are burning so much gas though

Edited by Michael Jackson

Do you have stock carbs? and what kind of riding? When i had my stock carbs on the dunes a tank seemed to last about as long as the 4 strokes i was riding with or longer which was a couple hours. probably about 50 miles. but on the trails going slow i could only go about half as far as they could.