anyone use suzuki ltr shocks on yfz conversion?

BOOZER2009

i just got mine installed. there very tight! like rubbing on teh upper arm tight. And the quad sits up high. 13 inch from the ground to the bottom of the frame? I feel like 2 inch less or so would be better? Has anyone else measured theres? also any hints to gain some room between the shocks and arms?

17260_379030690229_724715229_105052.jpg

A hint???? Cut off more of the rear part of the a-arm then the front. That will give you a little more room.

ha, just seeing this thread now! ya, it's a tight fit. but i after riding it and feeling how much different it was, i decided i'd rather fine tune the set up as much as i can and be tight, than to go back to the stock front end. my riding is mainly XC and woods trail so i'm happy with a little extra ground clearance and height.

having to reverse the upper arms does tilt the top of the spindles (i used 450's) back to the rear of the bike a few degrees and creates more of an angle for the tie rod joint but i dont consider my quad any harder to steer now than it was stock.

i used the search (ltr as keyword) and found a photo of a comparative line up of the blaster, banshee, yfz, and ltr shocks. the yfz is longer which may provide a little more clearance on the rear of the upper arm, but the biggest difference, i felt, was that the ltr coil is larger in diameter, thereby making it naturally closer to the arm. also, in one of the threads, the quad was fitted with shocks that had a rear mounted rezzie that came down parallel with the coil. the first time he took big air and came down hard, the rezzie and the arm made contact hard enough to bend the arm and leave a good crease in it. now that's not good. if my coil makes light contact, on occasion, i can live with that.

if you are nervous about a tight fit and snug arm clearance, then this probably isn't for you. but if ride height is also a concern, the ltr shock will ride lower than the yfz shock. personally, i have no regrets about doing this swap. i might upgrade to a kick ass set of aftermarket arms and shocks in a few years, but this is the setup i'll be running for now.