Pods and Overfill Tank

FROSTBITE1

I just put pods on the carbs and got rid of the air box, seeing there was no place to mount the coolant over flow tank i threw that out too. Is that what everybody else does too? I noticed after i got done riding and came back the next morning there was coolant directly under the engine, i couldnt see where it came from, did this happen because i removed the overflow tank?

Some people run them, some dont. I never have on any of my bikes. What I like to do is route that line up around the handlebars on my handguards, that way if the bike overheats you can see it starting to spray coolant. I never had any coolant drain into there unless the rad was overfull or the bike was overheating. If I'm not mistaken there is a small valve in the top of the rad that lets out coolant when there is excess pressure, and thats where it goes.

the over flow is to keep the tree huggers happy

X2. If your running hot and create a greater pressure then the cap can hold the cap lets coolant out. This is usually captured in the overflow tank. This coolant is never drawn back into the radiator. As long as you don't run hot you shouldn't leak any coolant out. I've run it both ways. When I ran pods I just relocated the tank up under the front end between the upper a arms. Now I don't run one at all. Never leaked any coolant but I run a bigger radiator with Engine Ice. If your jetting is correct and you have good flow you won't have any issues.

SP

X2. If your running hot and create a greater pressure then the cap can hold the cap lets coolant out. This is usually captured in the overflow tank. This coolant is never drawn back into the radiator. As long as you don't run hot you shouldn't leak any coolant out. I've run it both ways. When I ran pods I just relocated the tank up under the front end between the upper a arms. Now I don't run one at all. Never leaked any coolant but I run a bigger radiator with Engine Ice. If your jetting is correct and you have good flow you won't have any issues.

SP

Thanks for the info

Today i checked my water pump the fins seem to be ok from what i was able to see and the impeller spins while i move the kick start.

I still cant see were the coolant sprayed from and it only happens after i ride and leave it sit. It doesnt leak while it runs

Edited by FROSTBITE1