Hey guys need some help

jmiller

Hey banshee guys i have an 02 banshee with a dune port and wiesco pistons .10 over by Jeff at F.A.S.T. It has shearer pipes k&n pods, cool heads with 20cc domes 125 psi (seems really low) only about 25hrs on top end. +4 timing vf3 reed cages nology coil and wires and i have been having the same problem and have been trouble shooting for about 6 months. When im running it through the gears and winding it out in the upper rpm it breakes up similar to a 450 bouncing off rev limiter. I bought a new ignition coil thinking it was that. No good. Tryed swapping stators flywheels cdi's and still no better. I pulled my reeds out and the one petal was bent do i bought some vf3 and it cleared it up ALOT but it still does it especially when i get off to switch gears and get back on it it breaks up real bad. Im running stock carbs with the tors elimiated 330 mains stock clip mid position 27.5 pilots. I have taken the wiring harness out and stripped all the crap of of it and rewond it with electrial tape. Here is the thing. I have noticed when i first through a new set of plugs in it will run great untill i get about a few hrs on the plugs then it runs like shit again. Running 93 octane maxiama 927 40:1 any suggestons would be great. I have done a leak down test and compression test and it all seems good. Getting very frustrated :angry: thanks

umm.....and what do the plugs look like when you have to change them??? are you runing the right ones for the coil? have you checked the pickup gap? you should do a plug chop to see where the jetting is at...

Nice one. I use the Nology Coil and hotwires too.

Are you using the B8ES plugs, NOT the BR8ES plugs?

With that much cranking compression, you should be able to run a normal gas gap on the plug, .028 to .030.

Flush the gas tank and try a different, non-castor based oil at 32:1.

Are you holding the throttle wide open for more than a few seconds? Stock carbs? might be time to upgrade to a pingle fuel valve as well.

If you've replaced all the ignition components with stock, OEM items (not Ricky Stator Junk)...I think it's a fuel issue too.

Either you don't have a rich enough mixture (jetting sizes) or you're running the bowls dry (pingle valve needed...)

What is your elevation, i have dune port from jeff with T5s and stock carbs, pods etc etc etc. and i had to put 360 mains in at sea level. Ran good at 340, but plugs were very light, 360s runs just as good and plugs look better nice tan ring. You very well may be lean depending on elevation and temps. As far as compression goes, that seemslow, again depending on your elevation, and the first thing that comes to mind is what brand tester are you using.

• 1 month later...

Elevation is less than 500 feet in in jersey. I am using standard b8es plugs non resistor type. Plugs look brand new when i take them out considering im only getting about a half hour to a set of plugs now. Bike runs great once warmed up then about after a half hour or 45 min of riding it runs like shit again.... when i had the t5 and it was running mint they were light light brown 310 mains.. My bike has always ran richer for some reason. Would a pingle help me out? also when i put the quad on flat ground and turn the fuel on carbs overflow but not real bad. idk possibly dying out on top end from lack of fuel??

I would say you need to re adjust your floats and try it. Since your carbs are over flowing it that is proabably the reson why it seems to run rich, and masks the problem of having to lean of a main jet in the lower gears. Then once you opean it up the false rich caused by over flowing carbs cant keep up and the lean condition shows up.