My build plan...

well, my stock springs didn't hold up to the woods abuse and a low rpm torque pipe. i chewed through 1/2 its' life in a couple hours. by the time i got it out on the road, it was slipping really bad. i adjusted it up, but still........

What clutch were you using? Sounds like you might of had other issues going on in there.

I had no problems with stock springs and PT mids with +5 timing in the woods.. I dont see a need for the extra tension on a stock port bike.. Power just isn't there to justify it..

the issue was that i beat the ever-living dog shit out of it with 22's and extra weight. 2nd gear starts and slipping the technical hillclimbs, asphault shit, mudding, you name it.......mabey being a mechanic keeps my forearms in shape, but new stock springs will wear down. i actually enjoyed testing the limits, but i figure it can stand to have a little more pressure. that was on stock porting. i'm sure i could make it last just fine, but i'd rather get nasty with it and have a little firmer grab

Ya I've never had any problems with my arms tiring out on long rides with six stiff springs installed. I to am always wrenching and my forearms are pretty stout. But I think as long as ya got a good cable and a decent clutch lever anybody should be able to handle 3 installed.

the issue was that i beat the ever-living dog shit out of it with 22's and extra weight. 2nd gear starts and slipping the technical hillclimbs, asphault shit, mudding, you name it.......mabey being a mechanic keeps my forearms in shape, but new stock springs will wear down. i actually enjoyed testing the limits, but i figure it can stand to have a little more pressure. that was on stock porting. i'm sure i could make it last just fine, but i'd rather get nasty with it and have a little firmer grab

I dont think its from being a mechanic.. :yank:

I used 22" holeshot XCT's on my trail bike.. still had no problems and I'm sure I was just as hard on it. Stock springs held up fine. I put a new clutch in when I got porting and it still looked good..

You never stated what clutch you were using.

Its not a matter of being able to pull it... A good clutch pack can hold that power without any HD springs. Why add them if they're not needed. Not my build. He can do what he wants. We were just saying that its not needed.

Thats a damn good list of Mods. I have the Noss Head with 20cc domes and the Pro Design billit timing plate set at +4 and my compression went from 125 to 155. Its fine for pump gas. Im at 1800ft above sea level. Ide go for 20s if I were you. Unless your at sea level or below 1500ft.

Im a hardcore trail rider and I wont wont run without a lid on my airbox. I ride trails and muddy shit and I dont trust it without a lid. I do use the foam inserts in my lid. Thats good enough with the uni filter. I think your airbox will be fine like that.

What tires are you running? That is just as important as any other mod. Actualy more.

I would throw the 3 HD springs in too. I have the stock springs in my non ported SHEE and I have a Good pro design cabel and an MSR lever and the clutch is slipping. Cabel, perch and lever +3 HD Springs will run you like 45-50 bucks. Its well worth it.

Get with Brandon Mull on here just PM Blowit. He can hook you up.

List of mods look good.

Do NOT get the ProDesign Timing Plate. Get the Chariot. It's cheaper and billet, and it's the one I use.

I would run stock springs in that bike. Without porting, stock springs with a FAST clutch will hold that motor fine.

Since you're going to be in the trails...you'll be on the clutch alot. Unless you have popeye arms...:)

While you're at it, pickup a new clutch cable and EZ Pull clutch perch. You'll think you died and went to heaven...promise.

Who makes this "EZ pull clutch perch", and where can I find one?

Thanks.

Who makes this "EZ pull clutch perch", and where can I find one?

Thanks.

This one works awesome for us:

http://www.farmandsandtoys.com/partdetail.asp?partid=143

OR you can also add this for an even smoother clutch pull:

http://www.farmandsandtoys.com/partdetail.asp?partid=144

I run that perch and lever from FAST on my bikes, and they work great. However, while you are at it, i would buy a genuine Yamaha cable, not the motion pro ones, they are too damn long and dont adjust correctly. That and buy a cable luber and a lube it well and often. You will be amazed at the clutch pull even with HD springs after you do that.

I run that perch and have the lever with the bearing in it as well.

That coupled with a new cable or cleaned and lubed cable will do WONDERS for your clutch pull.

I replace my clutch cable every year or every other year...on a drag bike with a lockup I've found they stretch a little more than a regular setup. I can't tell you how nice a cleaned and oiled perch and new cable feel.

Like a new 125cc dirt bike....!!!