Help Setup Dune bike

dekker

Hey guys doing my build right now. Bike is going to be a duner and I will drag it for fun at silver. My motor setup will be a 4 mil drag ported stock cyl done by Wildcard Racing running Shearer's, and 34mm carbs. Wondering what you guys thing will be the best combo of hauler paddles and swinger length/gearing. I was thinking +6 with 9 or 10 paddle haulers. Any input would be helpful.

Thanks,

Zach

Hey guys doing my build right now. Bike is going to be a duner and I will drag it for fun at silver. My motor setup will be a 4 mil drag ported stock cyl done by Wildcard Racing running Shearer's, and 34mm carbs. Wondering what you guys thing will be the best combo of hauler paddles and swinger length/gearing. I was thinking +6 with 9 or 10 paddle haulers. Any input would be helpful.

Thanks,

Zach

I run about the same set up. 4 mil HJR dune port with 35 PWKs with a DD clutch and Shearers. I run a 21" tire on 8" rims with 9 paddles (haulers) on a +4 swinger. I like the ability to wheelie while duning whenever I want but have a hard time keeping the front down sometimes when drag racing.

SP

Edited by spurdy

I run a +4 on a well built 350 and I love it. I have a buddy that has a even more built 350 that he has a +6 on and when I rode it I couldn't get the front end up when I needed it to. If you are going to be riding the open dunes I would go with the +4, but if you are going to be doing tree shots, hillclimbing or drag racing then I would go with the +6.

if you cant get a so called "built 350 or a 4 mill to come up when you want it to it either dosent make do do for power or the suspension it to low. i could wheelie my girfriends mild built 350 with 11 paddle extreme's all the way down the strip when it had stock suspension and was on gas. the 4 or 6 over will work great either way if you run tight trails the 4 will be better if you out in tha open dune and drag race the 6 i think will be better. i would definatelly look for a bigger carb like the 35m pwk's switching from the 34 pj's to the 35's made a big difference inthe low end on my 350's.. spurdy's seen jenns lil turd run but that was after alky a suspension drop and cpi's

if you cant get a so called "built 350 or a 4 mill to come up when you want it to it either dosent make do do for power or the suspension it to low. i could wheelie my girfriends mild built 350 with 11 paddle extreme's all the way down the strip when it had stock suspension and was on gas. the 4 or 6 over will work great either way if you run tight trails the 4 will be better if you out in tha open dune and drag race the 6 i think will be better. i would definatelly look for a bigger carb like the 35m pwk's switching from the 34 pj's to the 35's made a big difference inthe low end on my 350's.. spurdy's seen jenns lil turd run but that was after alky a suspension drop and cpi's

I'd sure hope you could make it wheelie with 11 paddles and stock suspension. LOL!

A lot of it will depend on what kind of power your bike makes. I had a 4mil dune bike on meth that would wheelie all day long on a +6 and 9 paddles. Don't over-paddle your bike. Let it rev. Especially if its a stock stroke. Those things like to rev. A longer swingarm will make it harder to wheelie, but also provide more wheel-spin. The shorter swingarm will allow more of a wheelie factor and give you better traction.

Yea, Brandon at Wildcard said his 4 mil drag port makes right around 80hp when setup right so that's what Im looking at for power. I'm thinking 9 paddles for sure but the verdict is still out on the swinger lol. I spend about equal time on the dunes and at the strip there so ..... Oh the choices.... also thinking im gonna throw a 1-5 n down duneable override in it.

Edited by dekker

Yea, Brandon at Wildcard said his 4 mil drag port makes right around 80hp when setup right so that's what Im looking at for power. I'm thinking 9 paddles for sure but the verdict is still out on the swinger lol. I spend about equal time on the dunes and at the strip there so ..... Oh the choices.... also thinking im gonna throw a 1-5 n down duneable override in it.

Our whole group does the Dune/Drag sceen at Silverlake Michigan. The sand is different than other places. Guys in Michigan tend to run more tire than other areas. We have bikes in our group running the same power as your setup. I'd recommend a +6 arm and 22X11X8- 10 paddle Extremes with a 14 tooth front and 41-43 rear. If your looking to do a "Duneable" Override trans, I'd recommend Calling the guys at WCR and ordering their new "Extreme Dunable Override" It's totaly different than the other "Duneables" that have been out for a while. It's ALL NEW. It upshifts like a Override AND downshifts the same! AND you can backload it all day long just like a stock tranny. The shift forks DON'T hold the gears in place. The trans is cut different and will be just what your looking for. Mine is a 2-5 neutral down.

Thanks to everyone who replied! I will be going +6 on the swinger with 9 or 10 paddle haulers. Working on the plastics and frame right now. Also going to probably go overrid I figure if I'm going to do it I may as well do it right! Just gotta spread out the frivolous buying over paychecks lol. :cheers: