PLEASE HELP! Pain in the a** to start

hi.

Im having the following problem.

My Shee used to start like a champ but ever since ive put fmf Fatty pipes on it, its almost impossible to start it.

The funny thing is: After about an hour worth of trying to start it, i get tired of it.

Then my buddy tries it and the damn thing starts up first kick.

Does anyone have an idea of what im doing wrong??????

I love to ride the Shee but it pisses me off every time i have to try to start it for an hour before riding it.

Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Evilsideracing

Like everyone else said....did you change the jetting when you changed the pipes? Second I would check the plugs. If all is dialed you should be able to role it out of the garage first thing in the am and roll the kick starter over slowely 2 or 3 times then one or two hard kicks and it should fire right up. Another thing I would recommend is turning off the pingel valve when your done riding that way the carbs don't fill up with gas while sitting, which makes it a pain in the a$$ to start again next time.

no offense, but i think you guys are looking at it a little backwards.........you should be able to throw pipes on a stock bike and have little to no effect on starting it as it did before. however, in the most likely case that the jets were changed, there could be an assembly problem. are the carb bowls switched? is the choke tube in place? are the cable retainers covering the little holes in the top of the slides? all these will nix the choke circuit. on the other hand, if you are still running stock jets, and rode it a while like that, then you could have burned it up, which will make it hard to start, among other things.....