outboard bearing support

BigRed350x

Anyone else who runs the outboard bearing support ever have one crack on you? my big block twister cracked one. Wondering what would make it crack. Thought the whole idea of it was to add support to the rear gear cluster /sprocket to help prevent flex around the bearing next to the sprocket. Everything is tight and solid. No play or anything anywhere.

Firehead suggested I try one of the new chariot outboard bearing supports, but I don't want to shell out that kinda $ if its going to crack or break like the last one did. I'd like to find out what caused this one to break and fix it before I buy a new one.

ideas?

- Jared

• 2 weeks later...

good point......i always ratchet the swinger to the bumper to compress it all the way, then set the chain tight. another thing to look @ is if it has any sort of shifting querks. could be the bearing on the other end of the output shaft. also, if it was not machined right, it could be miss-alligned.