Should I take this trade?

broseph

hey guys I have a friend that wants to trade me paddles. He has the paddles that go straight across, are rough in between the paddles, and there are 10 of them. (not sure what brand.) I have the V-shaped sand stars right now. Both sets are in very good shape, mine have been used twice and his once. I do not know a whole lot about which paddles are best, this is my first set of them and my first banshee. Banshee has a lot of mods including dune port, T5's, filter pods, +4 timing to list a few. What do you think? Should I take them?

hey guys I have a friend that wants to trade me paddles. He has the paddles that go straight across, are rough in between the paddles, and there are 10 of them. (not sure what brand.) I have the V-shaped sand stars right now. Both sets are in very good shape, mine have been used twice and his once. I do not know a whole lot about which paddles are best, this is my first set of them and my first banshee. Banshee has a lot of mods including dune port, T5's, filter pods, +4 timing to list a few. What do you think? Should I take them?

I run 20x10x10 9 paddle extreem haulers. If you run to many paddles then it will kill performance. You need to have some wheel speed.

ok that makes sense. I didnt know if one style of paddle was better performing than another.

make the trade!!! you wont regret it!! i have used 20X10X10 10 paddle haulers(straight paddle) since all my bike had was pipes and k&n filters and have NEVER had a problem getting the tires to spin. i gurantee you will be happier with the haulers then you are with the sandstars.

Anyone prefer the sand stars? Is there a difference based on the type of riding? I mostly do trails and climbing, hardly ever hit the drag strip. Does tire size make a difference?

the haulers are the #1 climbing tire out there. you wont notice much difference when riding trails.

His are worth more if they are skat traks but if you hardly ever dragrace then the sandstars are a really good tire and they slide and play better as well as sidehill better. A straight blade will climb or drag better but its whatever rou prefer. Make the trade but tell him if you don't like em he has to switch back with ya. That would be fair.

His are worth more if they are skat traks but if you hardly ever dragrace then the sandstars are a really good tire and they slide and play better as well as sidehill better. A straight blade will climb or drag better but its whatever rou prefer. Make the trade but tell him if you don't like em he has to switch back with ya. That would be fair.

well I definitely like playing and sliding around better than dragging.

well I definitely like playing and sliding around better than dragging.

like i said in my first post man, its not hard to spin the tires and throw the ass end around. i gurantee i cant turn my bike, slide it around and "play" just as well if not better than anybody with a v-paddle rear tire. im tellin ya bro, you wont regret it!

Either tire you get its just a matter of learning how to use them. You just have to learn how to slide and turn the bike with straight paddles or learn to launch and drag with v paddles. Either one can be done you just have to learn how to do it.

When ever I go to slide the rear end of my banshee around with my Extreem Haulers (Straight Blade) it lifts the front end up and launches me straight. They do what a straight blade paddle tire does best. Going Straight. Yea you can still dune and trail ride with them but for playing and sliding the rear end around the Sand Stars will be beeter. They are a V paddle, the advantage of the v paddle is they turn way better than a straight blade.

I have both Sand Stars, and Extreem Haulers.

josh

When ever I go to slide the rear end of my banshee around with my Extreem Haulers (Straight Blade) it lifts the front end up and launches me straight. They do what a straight blade paddle tire does best. Going Straight. Yea you can still dune and trail ride with them but for playing and sliding the rear end around the Sand Stars will be beeter. They are a V paddle, the advantage of the v paddle is they turn way better than a straight blade.

I have both Sand Stars, and Extreem Haulers.

josh

you guys do realize the sandstars, and every other v-paddle, are supposed to PREVENT you from sliding?

heres a write-up that can be found on DC--

http://www.dunercentral.com/forums/wheels-tires/2416-ultimate-sand-paddle-tire-review-best-paddle-your-riding-style.html