T5 and CPI

Loc

I just got my bike back together. I had the cylinders ported, cases portmatched and a rebuild. The bike runs like a champ and pulls better then I could imagine. I was wondering what I would lose or gain by going to a set of CPI in frames or CPI out of frames. I ride mostly in sand and do drags and some dunes. I dont want to spend a bunch of money on new pipes if I wont see a big difference.

some specs on the bike

-Ported cylinders and cases

-V3 reeds

-pod filters

-timing +4

-

I had your mods and my bike was ported for T5's. Then i switched to cpis. Powerband came on slightly later. But the top end put was way more. You can just hear the engine scream and pull those extra rpms. If by some chance you dont like it, you can also swap them back for t5's or just sell them. People always want a good deal on CPI's. Good luck with your decision.

i do mostly trail riding and occasional street race.. would i lose my trail power if i switch to the cpi or shearers..im dune ported, big bore, 28s, +4 vforce2's, 18cc

i'm big bore drag port 4mil with 35pwk with 17cc cut domes puttin 175psi

throw some smaller domes in for more compression (low end) that will solve that problem! i had t5's on before! shearers are like a whole differnt world of power!

example i beat my buddies 7mil cub and he has cpi ifsb! i out pull his ass in every gear! ya they hit sooner but lose it as fast as it comes, with shearers you keep pulling while they keep shifting! kinda of funny,

if you like riding willies and 4pokes buy cpi's

if you like horsepower and burning rubber buy sherares!

i'm big bore drag port 4mil with 35pwk with 17cc cut domes puttin 175psi

throw some smaller domes in for more compression (low end) that will solve that problem! i had t5's on before! shearers are like a whole differnt world of power!

example i beat my buddies 7mil cub and he has cpi ifsb! i out pull his ass in every gear! ya they hit sooner but lose it as fast as it comes, with shearers you keep pulling while they keep shifting! kinda of funny,

if you like riding willies and 4pokes buy cpi's

if you like horsepower and burning rubber buy sherares!

There's more to drag racing, than just all out HP. A lot of it is in the bike setup. Besides, this guy is wanting more of an all around pipe, and not just a drag only pipe, so the CPIs, or T5s would work much better, than the Shearers. Talk to a few of the builders, and find out for yourself, if you don't agree.

This is what I have gathered so far.

-The CPI Inframe are a very nice all around pipe that can still be ran as a decent drag pipe.

-The Shearer O/F pipes scream in the top end but will lose the bottom and they will not be worth a crap in the trails.

-T5's are a good all around pipe, but not as good as the CPI.

This is what I have gathered so far.

-The CPI Inframe are a very nice all around pipe that can still be ran as a decent drag pipe.

-The Shearer O/F pipes scream in the top end but will lose the bottom and they will not be worth a crap in the trails.

-T5's are a good all around pipe, but not as good as the CPI.

next time i go to genoa i will send you a message you can ride my bike! i have inframe small bore shearers!