No Spark

Goombats

I just got done putting my 2000 banshee back together cause I had to rebuild the engine. There is no spark at all. I went through all the troubleshooting methods. Check for resistance on primary and secondary ignition coils. Checked the ignition caps and they are in good condition. I check resistance on ligthing coil, pickup coil, and ignition cool on the stator and everthing checked out. The TORS is disabled. Check for contiunity in all the switches and made sure the parking break connection was made. I check to make sure the engine is grounded. I checked to make sure that all gnds are grounded. I check continuity in the wiring harness. So the only logical thing left to do was to get a new CDI. So I bought a new CDI put it in and still nothing working. Sent the CDI back dude checked it and said it is a working CDI. Anyway have any ideas why my bike is defiying the laws of physics? Any ideas will help, thank you for your time.

I just got done putting my 2000 banshee back together cause I had to rebuild the engine. There is no spark at all. I went through all the troubleshooting methods. Check for resistance on primary and secondary ignition coils. Checked the ignition caps and they are in good condition. I check resistance on ligthing coil, pickup coil, and ignition cool on the stator and everthing checked out. The TORS is disabled. Check for contiunity in all the switches and made sure the parking break connection was made. I check to make sure the engine is grounded. I checked to make sure that all gnds are grounded. I check continuity in the wiring harness. So the only logical thing left to do was to get a new CDI. So I bought a new CDI put it in and still nothing working. Sent the CDI back dude checked it and said it is a working CDI. Anyway have any ideas why my bike is defiying the laws of physics? Any ideas will help, thank you for your time.

Checked the pick-up gap? Flywheel may be cracked

Edited by pr0blumz

I know you said you tried your switches but try grounding out your main switch i had that prob earlier this year. If you have a buddy with a banshee swap out your stators it could still be that even if it gives you a reading. and like he ^ said check the pickup gap. if you accidently dropped your mag it could be damaged without looking like it is.

It sound like you have done everything right. What are you using to check your spark? I use a plug light that goes between your spark plug and coil.

You must have missed something on your rebuild and over looked it when checking everything out. I would recheck everything again. I do not know of anyone who can check a CDI since it is a "solid state" module. I have known guys who had a week stator that still Ohmed correctly but at a low Ohm. If you want to give me a call you are more than welcome to, I work on a lot of shee's.