Direct Drive Cover

TeamRealtreeHD

How do you guys prevent the clear cover from cracking when you are installing it? I got mine from Jeff at Fast, has the FAST emblem on it, and I took it off twice. The first time I removed all 12 bolts and re-installed it, it got several spider looking hairline cracks in it. This second time, well, it shit the bed pretty good. Cracked completely.

It is the 12 bolt style and loctite was never used.

Any advice? Are all the covers the same?

Is there an option where I could get a metal one that won't crack? Or are there ways to prevent what happened here.

Yea, I am guessing maybe a little too tight. I don't know.

No washers Josh. I was thinking of maybe putting some on. Thinking it might help?

I try and keep the lexan cover on as well, but in this coal dirt, with those 12 bolts looseing a little here and there, the coal dirt finds it's way into the cover a little. The o-ring will stop it from going furthur... but I took it ogg those 2 times to clean it.

Yea you need some washers. Direct drive put them on mine when I was having problems. My error was using locktight. It will cause the lexan to crack.

No problems with the washers I suppose... I will order mine from them, and order the washers as well.

Always helpful Josh... thank you brudda!

No problems with the washers I suppose... I will order mine from them, and order the washers as well.

Always helpful Josh... thank you brudda!

cascade sells the billit insert.dont make the mistake i did by spraying carb cleaner on it.the whole

thing just shaterred right in front of me.