need help picking pipes!

volcrano

ok guys.my mods are dune-drag port job,4 mill stroker,20cc domes,34mm mikuni flatslides and the cpis.ive never been able to tune them to get them where i want.the pipe takes a day to come on.when it does its a rocket but i do mostly woods riding.i dont know y i got them in the first place-to give em a try i guess.im looking for a pipe to go with portwork,still has a good top pull-but i really want a pipe with the quickest powerband hit.i hate waiting for the pipe.my bud had t6s on a ported stock stroke and his feels on everytime u crack it.mine pukes till up top.it really has lightswitch powerband.you got it all,or u got dick.please help me.ive been thinking pro circuits or trinity,but i dont know how they will compliment my mods.thanks guys!

None of the low-mid pipes are going to do anything for you but narrow your power window. You cant just slap a low-mid pipe on with 34mm carbs, and a drag port and expect it to work. Closest your gonna probably get is those cpi pipes. You need to swap out the cylinders and get smaller carbs to make it a trail machine.

I agree with what has been said by both previous posters. I just wanna ask you this, what did you think was going to happen when you went and had a drag/dune port done to a bike that is gonna be in the woods? Along with adding those carbs to the mix as well.

i wood ride my 4mill cub cyl. with vforce3s billet intakes and 35 carbs i run trinity pipes and love the way it runs i ride tight virgina woods and even cut trails with it.My shee hits you in the back of the neck as soon as you grab the throttle and twist it open. I think your problem is the port job. I just have a clean-up port on mine and you said its not tuned quite right those two problems alone can give you lag or slugish feeling off the bottom and into the mid range of the power curve the way the cylinders are ported there could be nothing until you hit the top which is what you want in drag racing full wide open throttle power ( just ride it like you stole it balls to the wall bounce off the trees and keep going youll never notice the low end loss)

well i am an idiot thinking that if i went for all out hp in a drag port i would get through the woods easily.well im stupid cuz the power curve is poop.i had t5s,and they were better but i tuned it on the street and thought the cpis were better.i needed to tune it in the woods-the t5s were prob better for my app.well before i ship my cyls-id like to try another combo.i want to try pro circuits-and maybe throw my 26,s back on-just to try guys.should i take off my intake w built in crossover too?just wondering if that spacing helps or hurts low end.im going to try this because if im going to cahnge pipes and carbs-id like to salvage the season before i rip into jugs,but ill already have the other parts id need anyway.thanks for the help guys-but i absolutly hate using the clutch when its possible to rip without with the right combo.

what gear you runin and tire size swap pipes out get your jetting right i used to run a 13 40 with 18 inch tires back in the day now im running a 14 40 with 20s i would leave the carbs and intake take a bunch of jets with you on a woods trip and jet while you ride nobody cares how long it will take to ret carbs or how many times you do stop to rejet if you have enough beer

Edited by coronakidd

got 2 thinkin if its tuned right dont matter where your at its right i tunned mine in the drive way never touched it since need to tune for riding style i dont tune my drag bike the same as i tune my woods bike two different ways of thinking on tuning styles but same still goes for the above post if you fell you need to tune in the woods while you ride then due what suites you best

I will trade you my t5s and some cash for you cpis. Did you try to bump the timing up? How much compression are you running? More compression as well as timing will help you on the bottom end.

timing at 0-when at +4 the bottom was better but top end blew-thats all it has now.called motor buy who ported it-its not a dune/drag but is aggresive trail/dune.hes hard to talk to-no real answers for tuning.he ported for t5s but said i could run cpis with no mod to his porting?i just want a snappy bike that rips and went the wrong way.compression is 155 psi per cyl-again timing at 0.it has 20cc domes.what pipe will be good for ported motors-in the woods thats not a t5.i already ran those-not too crazy bout them.gearing is 14/41 with a 20 inch holeshot-that actually looks 2 inches bigger than all my buddies 20,s-the old style holeshots.

None of the low-mid pipes are going to do anything for you but narrow your power window. You cant just slap a low-mid pipe on with 34mm carbs, and a drag port and expect it to work. Closest your gonna probably get is those cpi pipes. You need to swap out the cylinders and get smaller carbs to make it a trail machine.

ill trade you top ends! im looking to do a dune/drag port to match my shearers. they are brand new ultra lites with cool head and 20cc domes like i said brand new! holler at me if you are interested if your stuf is nice we can talk cash to! oh mine are un ported