Trail Tech Vapor.

MDalton

Hey everyone seen a bunch of posts on here with people that just bought the vapor. I'm looking for a review for someone who had it awhile.

Does it stand up to constantly getting wet/muddy?

Did the glued on speedo sensor stay put after riding it for awhile?

Stuff like thank

Thanks,

Matt

I bought a Vapor two years ago and had problems with it right away. If the bike was below 100 degrees and I reved the motor above seven grand, it would do a complete reset. As Trail Tech is only an hour away, I took the bike to them and they tried to figure it out- they gave me a new temp. sensor and sent me home. I changed the sensor and tried it out- the first day it was OK, but when I rechecked it the next day, it did it again. I also found it was very hard to watch the tach and the trail when riding. I took the bike bach to Trail Tech again and they worked on it some more. I told them I did not need the tach so they suggested I try their Vector model. We put this on at Trail Tech and it worked flawlessly. They ended up GIVING me a Vector, a temp. sensor, and new power and tach wires, and their wiring connector kit with crimpers, and I kept all of my original Vapor stuff. I have had the Vector on my bike ever since and had no problems, even the plastic clamp for the handlebar mount is holding up, however we only ride sand dunes. I used the magnetic bolt that comes with it and have had no problems with it either. The display does not like being parked in the hot sun, but once it cools off it returns to normal and it has never been a problem while riding. I primarily wanted it for the temp. , speedo/odometer and hourmeter functions.It is neat to see how many RPM's you are turning, but it is too hard to watch it on the trail- if you don't need a tach, I would get the Vector. Several threads on here said you need to use a BR8ES plug to solve the problem I had with the Vapor, but I tried that and it did not help it.I also tried all the methods in the book of picking up a tach signal and a couple that Trail Tech suggested, but none of them helped. Since I have everything to hookup the Vapor still, I am going to try it on my wife's Banshee someday. I am very happy with Trail Tech's custumer service and I think the Vector is a great product. As far as I am concerned, the jury is still out on the Vapor because we never figured out if the problem was my bike or the Vapor. Good Luck.

I run a trail tech vapor. I like it. Seems to be holding up pretty good. I did have the problem with it reseting too but running resistor plugs (BR8ES) fix the problem. I was getting so much interfearance with the B8ES plugs that I was getting a tach reading with out even hooking it up. I do run a Nology Coil with Hot Wires though.

The magnetic disk break bolt is holidng up fine as well. Dont plan on reading the tach while your riding. It is nice to go back and see what max rpm you hit though,

I am running the trail tech billit dash for mine. It replaces the handle bar clamp.

I would recomend it.

josh