gas free flowing thru over flow lines

dizaster

ok i read thru most of the threads pertaining to this problem and can not seem to fix it. so maybe someone can help, i have a 2006 banshee that was stolen i got it back totally trashed, so they broke the throttle cable and i bought one off a friend (motion pro)and eliminated the tors now as soon as you turn the petcock on the gas dumps right out the over flows on both carbs, cant seem to figure out why. the bike runs fine other then this it does not bog out, just dumping fuel there was a thread where someone seemed to have the same problem but that was it, no posted solution so guys any advise?

ok i read thru most of the threads pertaining to this problem and can not seem to fix it. so maybe someone can help, i have a 2006 banshee that was stolen i got it back totally trashed, so they broke the throttle cable and i bought one off a friend (motion pro)and eliminated the tors now as soon as you turn the petcock on the gas dumps right out the over flows on both carbs, cant seem to figure out why. the bike runs fine other then this it does not bog out, just dumping fuel there was a thread where someone seemed to have the same problem but that was it, no posted solution so guys any advise?

floats stuck ???

yea your floats are stuck, if they thrashed your bike you might want to clean out you gas tank, i got my quad and it was a repo and the last people who had put dirt in the tank and it ripped the filter on my petcock letting dirt into carbs making overflow gas everywere.

sounds like the needle and seat is stuck take carb's a part jet's and all and clean them drain tank and clean put in line filter on good to go

alright so i tapped the bowls on both sides with the handle of the screw driver and then a hammer and still no luck so i guess i have to rip apart the carbs so while i got them apart might as well change the jets to so what do u recommend? they are stock right now (mukuni)..i have pro circuit fatty pipes and pro circuit 304 factory sounds wit v force eliminated the tors(thats where this problem all started) and im about 35 feet above sea level

alright so i tapped the bowls on both sides with the handle of the screw driver and then a hammer and still no luck so i guess i have to rip apart the carbs so while i got them apart might as well change the jets to so what do u recommend? they are stock right now (mukuni)..i have pro circuit fatty pipes and pro circuit 304 factory sounds wit v force eliminated the tors(thats where this problem all started) and im about 35 feet above sea level

post in the jetting forum for more help ,good luck

ok so i ripped apart both carbs today cleaned them and put them back together put them back in and no luck the gas is still flowing freely out of the over flow lines....wtf? im stumped i know it has to be something real stupid just can not figure it out.....help

Mine was that way when I got it. The local Yamaha shop ordered me some aftermarket carb kits for around $12 each. Put new inlet needle and seats in and problem solved. The Viton tips on the needle get worn over time and nothing can be done except replace them.

ok so i ripped apart both carbs today cleaned them and put them back together put them back in and no luck the gas is still flowing freely out of the over flow lines....wtf? im stumped i know it has to be something real stupid just can not figure it out.....help

Float is either stuck, needs adjusted or your needle is not seated against the seat correctly. This could be because the tip of the needle is worn or you have shit in the tank that is getting stuck between the two. Clean fuel, clean tank = clean fuel delivery to the carbs. If the float isn't adjusted right the needle never closes against the sea and the bowls will overfill and run out the overflow. If the needle doesn't seat properly the same thing happens.

The stock petcock has a screen to prevent shit in the fuel lines and other then that I wouldn't add any find of in line filter as stated before.

The jets only need to be change if your jetting is off. Check this out in the jetting forum.

SP

I would not recommend an in line fuel filter on banshees, they restrict a lot of flow.

I won't run without an inline filter. When I first tore into my Banshee, I heard something rattling around in the tank. It was the so-called filter screen that is supposed to be in the petcock. It had fallen out and was letting unfiltered fuel in to the carbs. What is worse, a little restriction ( which shouldn't amount to much if you change the filter regularly) in flow, or running crap through the carbs and engine?

I won't run without an inline filter. When I first tore into my Banshee, I heard something rattling around in the tank. It was the so-called filter screen that is supposed to be in the petcock. It had fallen out and was letting unfiltered fuel in to the carbs. What is worse, a little restriction ( which shouldn't amount to much if you change the filter regularly) in flow, or running crap through the carbs and engine?

I run a pingle valve as well as a vast majority of guys and gals on here. They have no screen at all. If I ran a stock petcock I would remove the screen to prevent restriction from it and remove the tubes making the reserve as well.

The reason for this is simple, a good port job will flow a lot more fuel and as we build our shit bigger the fuel demands go up. Some guys even have to run bigger bowls on the carbs to keep enough fuel on hand for delivery during a 300ft pass.

And yes, a little restriction is worse the running crap through the carbs. Your fuel carries your engine lubrication. How long does it take to run without lube to damage your engine?

SP