Seized!

FitZBanshEe

On my 02 banshee one of my pistons overheated and went bad.. peices of it fell into the crank and now it wont kick.. what is my best bet.. what kit should i buy?

Might as well do a 4mil kit. They're almost priced the same, a 4mil & stock stroke kit. Look into one the site sponsors. I prefer Kevin @ HJR. You won't regret it.

You dont buy parts in kits. There is no manufacture that sells kits. The ones your seeing on ebay are just parts that people thow together to sell on ebay.

You dont know what you need until you tear it down. How do you know what piston size to buy if you havent tore it appart, let alone checked out to see if the bore is still in spec or if it needs bored.

Jeff at fast has great prices. My top end cost around 300-350. That was Labor for the Bore, and Hone, Pistons, Gaskets, and cool head o ring kit.

Now is the best time to port the cylinders. It is the next biggest noticalbe mod after pipes. If your crank is bad then you might as well get a 4 mill long rod crank.

$400 for a stock stroke crank $435 for a stroker crank. Port jobs for a stock stroke crank and a 4mill crank cost about the same.

Crank and Pistons

http://www.farmandsandtoys.com/products.asp?make=YAMAHA&model=BANSHEE&offset=10&cat=ENGINE%20MODS

Porting, Boring prices.

http://www.farmandsandtoys.com/services.asp

If you think you can tear the engine down your self then your best bet is to send your cylinders to fast. They will come back witht the proper size pistons ready to install. Then you just install the crank.

josh