Banshee Top End Problems!

FitZBanshEe

I gotta 02 Banshee got a decent amount of work done to it.. I was riding on sunday and the top end went on it.. it just died like it didn't have any power so i figured the pistons went... i pulled over tried startin it a few times it started then died... then it jus seized up on me.. I took apart the head and seen that only one of the pistons was messed up and the cylinder wall with it.. What should i do.. take it to a yamaha dealership and have them do it? do you think my crank went bad too? how much will all this cost??

I gotta 02 Banshee got a decent amount of work done to it.. I was riding on sunday and the top end went on it.. it just died like it didn't have any power so i figured the pistons went... i pulled over tried startin it a few times it started then died... then it jus seized up on me.. I took apart the head and seen that only one of the pistons was messed up and the cylinder wall with it.. What should i do.. take it to a yamaha dealership and have them do it? do you think my crank went bad too? how much will all this cost??

Take you're jugs and pistons off and see how bad they look. Take some pictures and post them on here. You should be able to get it bored and honed if you didn't ding up the sleeve too bad. It would be a good idea to split the cases and get the crank trued and welded, but not 100% necessary. The top end on a banshee is very easy to do, if you get yourself a clymer manual it will tell you everything you need to know. Doing all of the work yourself it should only cost around 3-400 for pistons/bore/hone and everything else you need for the top end.

What's a good top end kit? Also do you think it's worth it? Will I run Into more problems? The piston had a chunk missing out of the side and the cylinder wall was messed up too.. Is the crank shot too?

Nobody can tell if the crank is shot based on the information given. You will have to inspect the crank to determine this. If debris got into the crankcase there is a possibility of damage. The crank may need to be removed to determine if it is within tolerance and to check the bearings.

SP

i traded a blaster for a banshee that the top end blown up. had the same problem. one piston was severly messed up. the cylinder has a nasty knick in it. it was stock bore, and had to bore it out to .40 over. i didn't have any problems with the crank but it is a good idea like the others have said to get it inspected or even trued and welded. i went through a local shop here for top end kit and with everything that i needed including gaskets and such was around 500. i am aware that i over paid. great time to get prot work done since the top end is apart. are you running a cool head?