Exhaust Hanger Install Question

Driggs

So I have the billet exhaust hangers installed but was wondering which side the rubber spacer goes on. I would think in between the spacer and the back side of the hanger. Also, both of my bolts have wiggled out so how tight do I make them? I guess I should use some thread lock.

These are the hangers I bought...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BANSHEE-BILLET-ATV-FRONT-EXHAUST-HANGERS-TOOMEY-SMOOTH_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem53dcf628c2QQitemZ360189405378QQptZMotorsQ5fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

The bolt that keeps backing out is the one that goes into the frame. There is no nut that goes into back.

• 1 month later...

These are for the rear silencers. I bought these that said were for front but the front ones need to be curved like stock. If you use these for front, your pipes will hit and rest on the frame. My CPI did anyway. I didn't end up using them on rear because drops them pretty low and looks funny and if jumping the bike wouldn't be good either.

I would say they are for the front. That is why they come with spacers. If they were for the rear then they wouldnt have spacers.

I would put the rubber between the spacer and the hanger.

That's what I thought too but if you don't mind having your pipes on the frame go right ahead. The right ones to order are from RockyMountainATV that I have now on the front. Suite your self.

With CPI's you usually have to space the front hanger out more times than not no matter what hanger your using. I think that was more your issue. I had to when I was running OEM hangers, and have the same spacers in there for my TM Design Works hangers.

Best Hangers Money can buy.

http://www.tmdesignworks.com/xcart/customer/product.php?productid=16267&cat=299&page=1

pipe-hangars-banshee.jpg

100_2126.jpg

100_2124.jpg