Dont wanna split cases again

bamaboybv

Is there a way to remove a circlip from your bottom end w/o popping the cases. My top end blew up and i only recovered 3 circlips. One must be chewed up it came out on the side that blew. I cant see it. I will try and wiggle the bottom end around and use a long flexible magnet and a shop vac and ty and get it out, but usually if it's one in there I see it, but I dont see this one at all. what would you guys do?

Is there a way to remove a circlip from your bottom end w/o popping the cases. My top end blew up and i only recovered 3 circlips. One must be chewed up it came out on the side that blew. I cant see it. I will try and wiggle the bottom end around and use a long flexible magnet and a shop vac and ty and get it out, but usually if it's one in there I see it, but I dont see this one at all. what would you guys do?

Split the cases, better safe then sorry.

You could wash them out all you can but you can never be 100% that you got everything out of the bearings.

what do the circlips have to do with the topend? you need to be more clear here, as i think youre confused about something.

I think hes talking about the wristpin circlips loco, he cant find one. If you got realy lucky it might have gone out exhaust, but you will never know, take the time to split it or you will be here next week looking for a crank, at least thats the wy my luck runs

what do the circlips have to do with the topend? you need to be more clear here, as i think youre confused about something.

WTF?? I think you're confused loco, i have and will always respect your opinion but I think you were reading or typing too fast. Circlips keep the wrist pins in the piston which is all the top end. I lost one and it got chewed up and most of the time they fall in the bottom end. I was asking if anyone had any nice tricks to avoid splitting my cases to get the missing clip out. There are 4 I only found 3. I dont know what you mean "what do the circlips have to do with the top end?" you must have meant bottom end ???? IDK what you're talking bout loco. we need to get on the same page. Do you see what I'm saying now??? basically top end blew, because wrist pin went through circlip and I only found 3 circlips and there is only 1 place to look for the other(the bottom end, but i didnt wanna split the cases)

Naw i think loco was confused on which circlips I meant. Maybe i could have been clearer I was talking about the piston (wristpin) circlips, not trying to be a dick cuz loco has helped me plenty of times even when i was being a dick. So I will always ask for and respect his opinion POINT BLANK he know's I speak that Alabama mumbo jumbo

I think Loco was thinking of an E clip from the tranny. What I want to know is how you are going to find a circlip after it has been chewed up? If it was chewed up then you need to split the cases and flush everything really good.

Bottom line is everything in the lower end needs to be free of debris and you need to do whatever you feel necessary to ensure this. It is ultimately your call, no body can answer this question for you. Do you feel lucky?

Sometimes I just can't get over the silly questions!

SP

I think Loco was thinking of an E clip from the tranny. What I want to know is how you are going to find a circlip after it has been chewed up? If it was chewed up then you need to split the cases and flush everything really good.

Bottom line is everything in the lower end needs to be free of debris and you need to do whatever you feel necessary to ensure this. It is ultimately your call, no body can answer this question for you. Do you feel lucky?

Sometimes I just can't get over the silly questions!

SP

I spilt 'em yesterday, I found nothing. But now I'm 100% sure nothing is in there. and no I'm not lucky I've got the worst luck in the world. I will probably try a 4 mil setup but idk thanx for input

I spilt 'em yesterday, I found nothing. But now I'm 100% sure nothing is in there. and no I'm not lucky I've got the worst luck in the world. I will probably try a 4 mil setup but idk thanx for input

Always, always, always, better safe the sorry, especially when your not the lucky type!

SP