chrome cpi from cascade innovations

rudyjaime2

i bought some cpi pipes from cascade thought i was getting the best finish for the money but was mistaken.

small rust spots on a weld. pipes are 7 months old never trail ride only dunes.called them told me they would rust kinda confused thought chrome didn't rust only metal that isn't coated properly does.cascade offered my money back. which i thought was fair. what do you think?

if they offered you your money back after 7 months id say they are being more than fair. I have seen their chrome and it is great usually. Maybe it was a bad spot in the weld to begin with. Crap happens even to people who do it correctly. A spot the size of a sharpy point is nothing, you should see the bullshit that shearer sent me on my inframes :angry:

I had a set of show chrome shearers from cascade and they had a super nice finish!! I was really happy with them and didnt have any issues at all with the finish, other than the fact that it made some of the rest of my chrome look like shit!! If they offered you your money back, take it and buy some shearers!! LOL Just my .02

i'm not saying there not being fair i thought it was very good of them. i wish they would just replate the one with a spot on it. but that is not a option for some reason.so what about rockets

just have them refund your money and buy a new set from them. their chroming is top notch and as said, shit happens. cant get it perfect every time. as for the rockets, good luck tryin to get your hands on a set of those bad boys.

i'm not saying there not being fair i thought it was very good of them. i wish they would just replate the one with a spot on it. but that is not a option for some reason.so what about rockets

A lot of chrome shops wont touch used pipes because the oil and carbon and shit in the pipe will contaminate their tank. i would do as was mentioned, and take the refund then buy a new set from them

See if they would just swap you. If they just offered you a refund then they might be back ordered and wouldn't be able to swap you a set right away. You might talk with them and see about swapping them out if you still want them.

I know they will re-plate pipes too. When I bought mine the one head pipe looked used. You could tell that it had been ran on a banshee. I called them and asked about it. They said that it was a return, and had a pin hole in it and leaked a little oil. They said they welded it, pressure tested it, stripped and re-plated it. I couldn't tell other than looking down in to the pipe. I couldn't tell you today which one it was LH or RH.

Stuff happens to the best of them, how the company handles it is another reason to keep doing or not doing business with them.